Skip to content

Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Thank you for visiting our feedback website! Feel free to vote or post your own ideas. Make sure you turn on the option to notify you about changes and comments in your account settings, so that you can stay updated about the progress of the ideas you’re interested in.

97 results found

1. Granular control over Automation grouping, particularly with Labels

Currently, grouping within Automation is kind of an "all or nothing" approach. For example, we use labels to identify which "product" our epics are for, but we also use the Labels field to track other information. For our main Structure, what we want to do is have the Automation grouping only look at the 6 labels we currently use for "product" tracking and ignore all of the others, but I cannot seem to find a way to do this without manually creating my own folders and setting up the Automation for each one; the drawback to this is we can't…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. user defined rank attribute

Create an attribute "Rank" to allow a user to manually order stories.

Use case: I want to prioritise stories for a given release. e.g. I have 20 stories and want to rank them 1-20.

Benefits:
    - the ranking is more transparent to a larger audience than the ability to move stories on screen
    - if another user changes the order I can see what was changed

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Use Monaco editor for editing formulas

The Formula column is a killer feature, but it can get tricky when the formula expression grows larger than the size of the editing area, and has a few levels of nested expressions.

Beyond just the ability to enlarge the editor, it would be fantastic to have a more advanced editor to assist here, and the obvious candidate is the https://microsoft.github.io/monaco-editor/

My suggestion for iterations for this would be:
    - Just replacing the actual editor and make sure it's still working when editing and not (so no functional changes)
    - Adding config and definitions needed for highlighting brackets and auto…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a vertical option for "Grid + Details" Layout

Currently when using the "Grid + Details" view it only provides the ability to view the issue details in a panel to the right side of the structure view.

Many engineers however tend to use their screens in vertical mode and thus this side-by-side view is less than ideal as it gets cramped fast.

For these users, it would be really nice to have another option for "Grid + Details" layout where the issue details panel appears below the structure hierarchy panel rather than to the right.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Project Category

Structure recently added the ability to use "Status Category" as a column. As Categories can be pretty powerful tools, I would like to suggest bringing "Project Category" in as a column as well.

In addition to columns, the bigger need I have at the moment is to be able to "Group by" Project Category in the Automation options. I also noticed that Status Category is missing here as well, so I think it would be great to bring the existing work to the Automation section as well.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Structure of Structures - no data just an index with link to the relevant structure

I would like to create a Structure of Structures for structure navigation, whereby specific child elements allow you open the referenced structure. I have many structures that contain the same data, just displayed differently for different user groups.

The use case is in essence:
    Parent - Folder (a name listing a group of similar or related structures)
    Child - New Structure Link - simply a mechanism to either open or navigate to the referenced structure - includes description.

Implementation:
    Is it possible to add a new Structure element into the "Add" Dropdown called "New Structure Link". (i.e. New Issue, New…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Color quick transformation buttons to allow faster identification and categories

Currently, when you add a quick transformation the buttons are all white/clear. When you have a large number, it can be hard to find the transformation your looking for.

With colors, you could create visual categories (i.e. groupings, component filters, label filters, etc) and the user can navigate to them much faster.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Use the standard Atlassian User Interface objects

I would suggest you to resort exclusively to the AUI objects for your interface instead of your custom ones that clearly gives the impression that you are exiting the Jira world to step into another one.
    I think you user would deserve a smoother user experience, with the same kind of buttons, icons, tables to which they are already used to. I'm especially talking about the transformation/filters features that should be improved in that direction to my mind. Thanks for you great achievement!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Automated Export of Formula-Based JIRA Structure Reports

I propose the introduction of a feature that enables users to automatically export JIRA structure reports, particularly those built using formulas. The export functionality can be facilitated through a REST API or a scheduler, with outputs in the CSV format for example.

My need for this feature arose when I attempted to retrieve the report via the existing API, only to realize that the current system doesn't support this (I can only get list of standart attributes). A review of the documentation confirmed the absence of such a feature.

Thank you for considering this suggestion.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Risk Management in Structure

For our company would be useful a risk management addition, a same feature as Big Picture has with the Risk matrix.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to save and "Perspectives" or combined set of Structure, View, Enabled Quickfilters that you can save and share

Users get overwhelmed with the number of options that they have to change the way they visualize the data in the structure.

Currently we can share a perspective which is similar functionality to what is being requested. However we cannot keep a library of perspectives in the system the same way we have the Views. This would help provide users with a library of options based on what they intend to do (i.e. risk management, project prioritization, reporting, etc.)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to change font style of Summary text for different levels of hierarchy

Formula column with Wikimarkup is great, but since you cannot use this on the Summary column (which must be included in the Structure as is) there isn't a way to clearly distinguish the different levels of your hierarchy. Would be great if you could opt to bold the Summary column for Level 0, for example.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Regular Expression Text Function for substring extraction

A regular express text function would be very useful to extract content from a Text field into a column.

For example, if a Description field has:

Name: Value
    Name1: Value2

I can write a regex formula to extract out the value for Name: into a Column.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. "Sum over Sub-items" For Dates / Aggregate Dates - with the ability to choose Max or Min Date

I'd like to see my dates roll up the hierarchy so that I can see higher level estimates as they roll up. For example, if I have a folder for a project and I have a number of tasks underneath, I'd like to see the latest due date in the project, or the earliest start date.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show keyboard shortcuts more prominently

The keyboard shortcuts looks great, however discoverability could be better. Even technically minded individuals in the majority do not go searching for keyboard shortcuts.

Adoption of Structure may be more natural and frictionless if users were shown a permanent reference to keyboard shortcuts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Respect Worklog view permissions or hide work log author filter in Data Center

Structure DC introduced author filters for worklog columns. Unfortunatly, not all columns respect the rights from Tempo Timesheets so if users have only read access to a structure with issues they can effectivly build timesheets for other users, even if this is effectivly forbidden in Tempo Timesheets through Team permissions or View all worklogs project permissions.

This is a huge issue for us as it goes against our Privacy/DSGVO/Union regulations and is prohibitive to a further rollout for structure.

From what I gathered the "Tempo Work Logged" column behaves correctly and respects the permissions.

On the other hand, the standard…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Set different views for folders

Different folders in Structure may have different needs for columns/views, so it would be great to be able to define a view to use for each folder.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Integrate with zephyr for Jira

Integrate with zephyr for Jira to be able to get the test execution and the linked defect related information into structures. Currently structures is able to show the Zephyr test case , but not the test execution status and the linked defects

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Activate Automation Mode as the Default

Hi,
    Transformations such as Filters and Sorts interfere with Automation Generators.
    When the user has clicked the Automation button to go into 'edit mode' - although they can still go into this mode when they do not have the edit generators permission - then Transformations are disabled, which is great!
    However, if the Structure has Automation Generators but a certain user has NOT gone into this mode, they can accidently (or do so without knowing the 'damage') apply Transformations, and mess up the Structure for other users.
    Proposed solution A:
    Rather than not being in 'edit mode' being the default,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?