Skip to content

Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Thank you for visiting our feedback website! Feel free to vote or post your own ideas. Make sure you turn on the option to notify you about changes and comments in your account settings, so that you can stay updated about the progress of the ideas you’re interested in.

173 results found

1. notify if any issues are edited in a structure

Whenever any issues in the structure is edited, notification should go to people subscribed for structure to indicate structure content is changed

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. offer a way to save your column widths with a view and with the perspective view.

Our users will customize their view, setting the column widths in a way that allows them to best see the data in the view. While Structure does a great job of preserving this, in their session, there is no way to save the column widths, either in a saved view or in the "perspective view", from the Share button. Our users would like to share these adjusted column widths with other members of their team.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to hide the time line in the gantt chart view

It is a widely adopted practice to not share specific dates in long term planning and it would therefore be helpful if I could hide the dates/timeline in the gantt view.

The only option today is to zoom out but that is not practical as the feature-bars will become to small and the timeline is still visible but in years.

I want to be able to show how feature A is scheduled before Feature B and that it is dependent upon Feature C being completed without having to show when the features will be worked upon.

Simply hiding, or making…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Send to top/send to bottom

I miss the "Send to Top" and "Send to Bottom" functionality that is in the context menu on Agile boards. I learned how to cut/paste to move tickets but that is a lot of clicks and scrolling for a common (for me) action.
    I saw a comment from Igor in another suggestion to open a new panel with the same structure, and drag the ticket to the top/bottom of the new panel. I tried to do this and I got this error "Cannot move issues inside JQL query result."
    I'm still feeling my way around structure so maybe I'm doing…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. add custom fields to structure-folders

Budgets are often not added as issues. Structure could add value by allowing some limited amount of named custom fields on structure-folders (like notes, but some more). They would bind to a structure and could be accessed from formula columns.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Use the standard Atlassian User Interface objects

I would suggest you to resort exclusively to the AUI objects for your interface instead of your custom ones that clearly gives the impression that you are exiting the Jira world to step into another one.
    I think you user would deserve a smoother user experience, with the same kind of buttons, icons, tables to which they are already used to. I'm especially talking about the transformation/filters features that should be improved in that direction to my mind. Thanks for you great achievement!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. allow showing worklogs for a specific sprint and team

I assume a lot of people want to use structure for reporting as well. Most teams work with sprints and therefore it is essential to be able to select "sprints" as a filter for worklogs in structure views. A structure/or view could show worklogs for a certain sprint only and besides also for the involved team as well

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Link a structure to a JIRA board, not just a project

The description of of Structure on the Project page (https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Structure+on+the+Project+Page) is really misleading because this image is of viewing a JIRA board, not a project. With JIRA boards I can use JQL to divide a projects (or multiple projects) issues across many boards, but I do not have a way to link that board to a specific structure that also filters for the same set of issues.

Having a default structure for a project is fine, but I would also like to be able to correlate a structure to a board. This would help teams that for example…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Subscription to a structure view

Jira has a "issue filter subscription" feature, which runs a filter at a certain time of the day and email the user with the results. Structure could have a similar subscription feature tied to a particular structure's view, where a snapshot of that view would be taken at a certain time of the email and the results would be exported to excel and emailed to the user.

My company currently use structure to keep track of our day-to-day progress by manually exporting structures to excel at the same time each day. Automating the exporting would allow us to automate the…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Would like a way to get Structure formula calculations into "normal" Jira custom fields

Structure formulas are extremely useful. Now our users would like ways of using them in other places within Jira. This may be tough in some ways because they are specific to the structure they are part of, but even something simple like the ability to choose an menu option or call some API to commit formulas into an underlying custom field could be quite useful.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Not override the functionality of the JIRA Create button

I think the decision to override JIRA's big, blue Create button in the top navigation is a mistake. And it's causing some headaches on our end. We have non-technical users who are using the Structure (with edit permissions) who aren't aware that creating a new issue will add it to the Structure they're viewing. They simply want to create an issue, not necessarily add it to their structure. We could remove the button easily, but then we'd have to have our users jump to another JIRA screen to create an issue. That's design breakage! My opinion is, leave the ubiquitous…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Report or filter on accumulated fields

FIelds like 'progress', 'estimate' or 'logged' are calculated (accumulated) over the sub-structure under the issue. I would like to be able to report those values in reports (e.g. accumulated estimate) or use them in JQL queries (e.g. accumulated_estimate > 2w)

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Structure subscription

I have been searching for an option to subscribe to a structure (similar to a filter). If this is not available, it might be a good idea to add this as some of the structures cannot be created using filters.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Yellow "x items selected" box shouldn't push list of tickets down when it appears

Hi! I am using version 4.6.5

When you select a ticket, the yellow "x items selected" box appears, and visually pushes the entire ticket list down so you visually "lose" the item you just clicked on.

To see the problem in action, scroll to the very bottom and select the circle for the very last ticket. Instantly, the ticket gets pushed downward and disappears, so you have to scroll down to see it again.

It's also a problem when I have some tickets selected, then do ctrl-A, ctrl-A to deselect all tickets. The yellow bar that was there goes away,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. analysis of big data in the structure

Поскольку структура может включать в себя до 10000 задач, будет полезно иметь возможность в отдельном окне проводить анализ этих данных. Какова совокупная трудоемкость в разрезе: проектов, компонентов и т.п. , Какова продолжительность работы одной команды на структуру и т.п. Полезно так же создавать кастомные срезы для анализа типа: стратегические задачи, текущие задачи и т.п.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow importing XRay tests creating a tree of folders corresponding to a test path in the XRay test repository

XRay instroduced a Test Repository in v3. Now every XRay test has a field 'Repository Path' looking like: '/Test Repository/Release 1/Phase 1/AAA/'.

However, the Structure view is still better than XRay repository. It would be great to be able to import XRay tests recreating the same folder structure as in the XRay test repository automatically. So that users can use both XRay test repository AND Structure.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Choose what group label to display and which order for field fixVersion

This idea is a to provide a way to display only (or to hide) some fixVersion instead off all of them when we use the grouping feature. If it is possible to choose the storing order (asc, dsc) it would be awesome !

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Support a User Story Map View

User Story Mapping is becoming a very popular way to organize your product backlog: http://www.slideshare.net/nashjain/user-story-mapping

It basically uses a 3 level structure but displays tickets in a vertical layout, as illustrated here:

There are only a few tools that support this online, and only one that is part of JIRA. The market is ripe for a tool that is robust, simple, and flexible. Since Structure already organizes tickets hiearchically, all that would be required would be to create a new view of a Structure, with a possible limit of 3-4 levels. (The Story Map structure only supports 3, but I…

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. allow filtering a centralized time period for a view with multiple worklog columns

when you report worklogs with structure, you want to use the worklog column and specify a time period.
    If you add multiple columns, it is quite an effort to change the time period from eg. dates of jan to feb. (currentmonth is helpful, but somewhat too dynamic if you want to compare months)

To easily switch between months it is necessary to switch the time period you look on on the view level and influence alle worklog columns this way.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. provide "root element of column x" in the variable selection list of formula column editor

E.g. to calculate a percentual distribution over all rows of a structure, for the formula you need the 100% value which is typically shown on the root element.

Therefore it would make a lot of sense, to be able inside "formula column A" to use a columns B's value, but the root element value! This should be possible even if column B is a formula itself.
    As we can already use variables like "Column B ..." in formulas it would be nice to add "Root Value of Column B ..." to the variable selection list

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?