Skip to content

Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Thank you for visiting our feedback website! Feel free to vote or post your own ideas. Make sure you turn on the option to notify you about changes and comments in your account settings, so that you can stay updated about the progress of the ideas you’re interested in.

40 results found

1. Provide the option to "Extend with Linked Issues" with all Link Types

Would it be possible to provide an option to "Extend with Linked Issues" with all Link Types instead of having to create an extender for every Link Type? Hopefully that makes sense...

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    11 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please add Expr function to return number of working days between 2 dates or in general work with Calendars defined in Gantt

Hi Almworks,

We need very simple capacity management in Structure. For this to work we have almost everything:
    - ability to aggregate from tasks to Epics (and higher levels) for remaining estimates and spent
    - Top-level group can act as a teams, for which we can defined daily capacity and planned work ratio (using field with CASE() for example)

What we lack is we can't calculate remaining capacity considering resources availability, mostly because we can't use production calendars (similar to NETWORKDAYS() of Excel) If we had this ability we could automatically build Structure view which shows current remaining estimates vs.…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow "Inversion" of Quick Filters so they could effectively "add" rather than remove issues.

We need to use quick transformation filters that behave as if they are connected with an "OR" instead of an "AND" clause. I realize doing that would be problematic, but there would be a simple workaround if it were possible to merely invert the effect of selecting the filter buttons. Specifically, when the button is deselected (the default state) the filter would be applied, and when selected the filter would be deactivated.

This could be implemented by providing a single checkbox in the edit screen for a quick filter that inverts the effect of the filter. So instead of not…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Enable use of existing, saved filters to populate a structure vs. having to manually enter filter criteria

Use case: I have an existing filter that is the basis for a board. The board dynamically updates, whenever I change the criteria of the filter upon which the board is based. However, if I want to use that same existing filter with a Structure, I must replicate the criteria in structure, and then perform dual maintenance, whenever I want to change filter criteria. If the saved filter could be used by Structure, I would only have to modify the filter itself. This might be addressed in the process of solving the following existing idea:

https://structure.uservoice.com/forums/43181-structure-for-jira-ideas/suggestions/31928860-link-a-structure-to-a-jira-board-not-just-a-proje

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Send to top/send to bottom

I miss the "Send to Top" and "Send to Bottom" functionality that is in the context menu on Agile boards. I learned how to cut/paste to move tickets but that is a lot of clicks and scrolling for a common (for me) action.
    I saw a comment from Igor in another suggestion to open a new panel with the same structure, and drag the ticket to the top/bottom of the new panel. I tried to do this and I got this error "Cannot move issues inside JQL query result."
    I'm still feeling my way around structure so maybe I'm doing…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add custom fields to structure-folders

Budgets are often not added as issues. Structure could add value by allowing some limited amount of named custom fields on structure-folders (like notes, but some more). They would bind to a structure and could be accessed from formula columns.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. "Remove Inserter/Extender Duplicates" generator should also work for non-hierarchical duplicates

When using the "Remove Inserter/Extender Duplicates" generator also non-hierarchical duplicates, based on different used linkage types like "child-of" and "resolved by" should be removed.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow multiple simultaneous updates

The edit capability in the table view is very helpful but even more helpful would be ability to update multiple fields and/or multiple issues. Is copy a row or column or table from Excel into structure table.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Granular control over Automation grouping, particularly with Labels

Currently, grouping within Automation is kind of an "all or nothing" approach. For example, we use labels to identify which "product" our epics are for, but we also use the Labels field to track other information. For our main Structure, what we want to do is have the Automation grouping only look at the 6 labels we currently use for "product" tracking and ignore all of the others, but I cannot seem to find a way to do this without manually creating my own folders and setting up the Automation for each one; the drawback to this is we can't…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. user defined rank attribute

Create an attribute "Rank" to allow a user to manually order stories.

Use case: I want to prioritise stories for a given release. e.g. I have 20 stories and want to rank them 1-20.

Benefits:
    - the ranking is more transparent to a larger audience than the ability to move stories on screen
    - if another user changes the order I can see what was changed

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Expand Editing from Gadget

Please add the ability to edit more fields especially custom fields from the Gadget (https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Editing+from+Gadget). The ability to edit custom numeric fields via jira dashboards/confluence pages would be awesome!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Risk Management in Structure

For our company would be useful a risk management addition, a same feature as Big Picture has with the Risk matrix.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Use the standard Atlassian User Interface objects

I would suggest you to resort exclusively to the AUI objects for your interface instead of your custom ones that clearly gives the impression that you are exiting the Jira world to step into another one.
    I think you user would deserve a smoother user experience, with the same kind of buttons, icons, tables to which they are already used to. I'm especially talking about the transformation/filters features that should be improved in that direction to my mind. Thanks for you great achievement!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Structure of Structures - no data just an index with link to the relevant structure

I would like to create a Structure of Structures for structure navigation, whereby specific child elements allow you open the referenced structure. I have many structures that contain the same data, just displayed differently for different user groups.

The use case is in essence:
    Parent - Folder (a name listing a group of similar or related structures)
    Child - New Structure Link - simply a mechanism to either open or navigate to the referenced structure - includes description.

Implementation:
    Is it possible to add a new Structure element into the "Add" Dropdown called "New Structure Link". (i.e. New Issue, New…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow importing XRay tests creating a tree of folders corresponding to a test path in the XRay test repository

XRay instroduced a Test Repository in v3. Now every XRay test has a field 'Repository Path' looking like: '/Test Repository/Release 1/Phase 1/AAA/'.

However, the Structure view is still better than XRay repository. It would be great to be able to import XRay tests recreating the same folder structure as in the XRay test repository automatically. So that users can use both XRay test repository AND Structure.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Choose what group label to display and which order for field fixVersion

This idea is a to provide a way to display only (or to hide) some fixVersion instead off all of them when we use the grouping feature. If it is possible to choose the storing order (asc, dsc) it would be awesome !

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Use a field (i.e. sequential index) to automatically create hierarchy into Structure when importing from CSV/Jira.

Hi, we usually load Jira items via CSV import, and it is very time consuming to arrange them with links or to manually indent them into the Structure.
    It would be great to use a field like the Structure's sequential index.
    For instance, using that field during import, to automatically arrange the hierarchy into the Structure (i.e., item 3.1.3 to be put automatically after 3.1.2 and underneath 3.1).

Many thanks, and congrats for your works, it is very well done!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. provide "root element of column x" in the variable selection list of formula column editor

E.g. to calculate a percentual distribution over all rows of a structure, for the formula you need the 100% value which is typically shown on the root element.

Therefore it would make a lot of sense, to be able inside "formula column A" to use a columns B's value, but the root element value! This should be possible even if column B is a formula itself.
    As we can already use variables like "Column B ..." in formulas it would be nice to add "Root Value of Column B ..." to the variable selection list

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option to change font style of Summary text for different levels of hierarchy

Formula column with Wikimarkup is great, but since you cannot use this on the Summary column (which must be included in the Structure as is) there isn't a way to clearly distinguish the different levels of your hierarchy. Would be great if you could opt to bold the Summary column for Level 0, for example.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1