Skip to content

Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Thank you for visiting our feedback website! Feel free to vote or post your own ideas. Make sure you turn on the option to notify you about changes and comments in your account settings, so that you can stay updated about the progress of the ideas you’re interested in.

373 results found

1. Tempo Hours in Structure: Budget (planning) - Actuals (logged) - ETC (remaining)

As a Project manager, it's handy if the hours are visible in Mandays or Hours to check the financials. 3 columns if (not yet already available to see the Tempo Hours in Structure cloud: Budget (planning) - Actuals (logged) - ETC (remaining). And this is for each separate issue type and rolled-up based on hierarchy or grouping. And visible or reported not in weeks but accumulate in mandays and/or hours. Tom

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your request.

I see that you require your columns to be in a specific format.

But could you please clarify, do you have the Budget (planning) column already or do you want it to be implemented? If you already have the Budget column, is it just a custom field in Jira?

Thank you,

Konstantin

2. work logged (in maydays)

Now the field 'tempo work logged' calculates the time logged in: xW + xD + xH etc. Can you also make time summed as 'x Mandays' or 'x Hours' as calculating in weeks is not easy to calculate a budget. From project management perspective its better to have a start and finish date a.k.a lead time AND the time (hours or days) spent in mandays to very the budget.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Support Parameters (per structure) for transformations

Basically I create a structure per version of my application and I use automation to insert issues based on certain filters that are for the given version (e.g. bugs with certain properties for this version etc...). Not everything is inserted by automation, but there are several places where I use automation for inserting. Thus every time I create a new version, I have to "find" all these insert automations and modify their filter to match the new version: Not really a problem, but it would be very nice if I could somehow specify the version as an attribute of the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In JIRA Cloud create a saved filter for issues in a structure to be used in boards

It's easy to collect all the relevant issues from multiple projects into a single structure but it's very difficult to create a JQL filter that contains the same issues to be used in other parts of JIRA.

As a user of JIRA Cloud I wish to be able to use JQL to search "Issues in Structure (XYZ)" to get all the issues within the XYZ structure

The functionality that is available in On-Premise Version

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your suggestion. 

Unfortunately, custom JQL functions are not currently supported in Jira Cloud, so migrating S-JQL in its current form is not possible. 

We are monitoring updates from Atlassian on this matter.

5. Add ability to Extend by Formula

Grouping by the result of Formula is very robust - it is possible to produce literals as well as arrays.

If it wolud be possible to Extend by Formula instead of the links and subtasks and Epics only, it would give the power of extending based on the content of the Jira ticket, which may contain i.e. fields with issue list.
    It would by possible to construct deep structures with issues not linked to other issues but having them listed in some fields.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow customization of the Appearance of Groups in Structure.Gantt

I would like to be able to customize the Appearance of parents that are treated as groups. When that option is turned on, the parent becomes represented in the Gantt as a bracket. When I don't want to expand the structure to a level that includes the child tasks, I would like to see those brackets as bars.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Usage logs (cloud)

As an admin, I'd like to see more than who owns a structure, I'd like to know how often it is used (accessed, changes, number of users or permissions settings. It would help with maintenance and upkeep of structures over time. Additionally it seems DC/Server has ability to view history which would be nice, that is not available in cloud

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Structure Cloud  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Colorize field depending on the value

Make it possible to colorize a field depending on the value, similar to Wiki Markup for Structure for Server/Data Center.

I want to use Structure as a dashboard to monitor project status or individual issues. Color indicators quickly highlight the status. Especially a simple green, yellow, and red colorization of the text or the panel can help a lot.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Integration with insight

The step forward for structure development - adding a posibility to work with insight objects inside formulas or in more UX attractive way. Such integration will provide unlimited power for structure to produce any type of dashboard / timeline / resource plan etc.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable fixed width panels for markdown formula columns

Discussed in #structure-cloud slack channel. https://structurecommunity.slack.com/archives/C0233G6R4JF/p1662733497048309

A formula column set to markdown rendering can display panels. The only available formatting for those panels is the background and text color. We use formula columns for a number of purposes with dynamic content. A simple case could just be displaying the number of children.

As the number of children (or any content within a formula column) changes, the resulting width of that panel changes. The number 1 is narrower than the number 8. When looking at a full structure with each item having a formula column, the entire column is jarring to…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Place filters above column headings

The filters section for a Structure should be placed above the column headings section. This allows the column headings to be directly above the content of the Structure rather than being separated by the filters as it is now. The current configuration is unintuitive and difficult to read.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Structure Cloud  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Save and share column width, transformations, hierarchy levels and other customized settings

Now it is not possible to have column witdth to be saved and shared with other users or set this by default for structure, but it could be very helpful when working with large number of columns. The same is with transformations - you now should share structure with share link instead of general link for structure, but it will be better to save all kind of this settings in view along with columns, columns orders etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have an access to worklog via issue in formula

With 7.4 version there is an ability to have history access via structure item (history) or via issue.history. But there is also possibility to access worklog wtihout possibility to access issue.worklog, which makes impossible in formula to navigate to worklog of linked issue. I believe that worklogs could be also accessed by issue.worklog

Yes - it is possilbe to make this through structure attributes when you add child issues but it is like creating formula in excel using same column for calculation - doesnt seem reliable.

Thanks in advance! Happy to use such great, useful and advanced product!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Multiple Notes columns

Suggest having multiple Notes columns per structure rather than just the one. Currently, you can visually add > 1 Notes columns to a structure - but the contents of the 2nd Notes column - get overwritten by the 1st one.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Get Transitions (from, to, by, when)

I would like to be able to add a column that shows the Activity: Transitions. I want to be able to see what date that transition happened so that I could add a formula for how long ago an issue was moved to a given status. (E.g. It's been in Open for 3 weeks.)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "Insert Generator Structure Inserter" for Cloud Version

The "Insert Generator Structure Inserter" is available only for Data Center and Server version. Will be useful to be available for Cloud.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add description option to Structure Views

It would be a better experience for our users to see the View creator´s description for Views (at least mouse hover info). We are using very complex Views that are not self explanatory

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a View control option for quick transformations

We are extensively using quick transformations as "one-button perspectives" on complex Structures. So e.g. we are providing transformations like "show risk issues only". What is hard for us to convey to our users is that clicking this transformation, they must (manually) switch to the View designed to see the right columns for risk issues. If we could have the possibility to tell Structure in the quick transformation settings that clicking a specific transformation would automatically change the View to a specific one, this would shift the magic for our users to the next level :-)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Import quick filters from one structure to another

Allow users to import quick filters from one structure to another; similarly to how settings can now be imported from one Gantt chart to another.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable outer join on two filter outputs

We frequently use excel's Mquery to find and resolve errors in our backlogs. Specifically because you can very quickly take a query and produce multiple filtered views to subsequently outer join them and find data mis-matches. The huge downside is you can't edit the items in excel, if Structures had this capability we would definitely use it over excel.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?