Skip to content

Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Thank you for visiting our feedback website! Feel free to vote or post your own ideas. Make sure you turn on the option to notify you about changes and comments in your account settings, so that you can stay updated about the progress of the ideas you’re interested in.

173 results found

1. notes

To fully take advantage of the new Notes field it would be really nice to make it independent of the issues to which it is added. As it works now, if a structure contains a multiple of the same issue and a note is added this note is attached to all of these issues.

Separating this is actually the only thing left to be able to use the structure plugin as a product structure documenting an entire product portfolio. One issue for each part and the notes field (renamed "Qty" or similar) to hold the amount of parts of the…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow "Inversion" of Quick Filters so they could effectively "add" rather than remove issues.

We need to use quick transformation filters that behave as if they are connected with an "OR" instead of an "AND" clause. I realize doing that would be problematic, but there would be a simple workaround if it were possible to merely invert the effect of selecting the filter buttons. Specifically, when the button is deselected (the default state) the filter would be applied, and when selected the filter would be deactivated.

This could be implemented by providing a single checkbox in the edit screen for a quick filter that inverts the effect of the filter. So instead of not…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Enable use of existing, saved filters to populate a structure vs. having to manually enter filter criteria

Use case: I have an existing filter that is the basis for a board. The board dynamically updates, whenever I change the criteria of the filter upon which the board is based. However, if I want to use that same existing filter with a Structure, I must replicate the criteria in structure, and then perform dual maintenance, whenever I want to change filter criteria. If the saved filter could be used by Structure, I would only have to modify the filter itself. This might be addressed in the process of solving the following existing idea:

https://structure.uservoice.com/forums/43181-structure-for-jira-ideas/suggestions/31928860-link-a-structure-to-a-jira-board-not-just-a-proje

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Send to top/send to bottom

I miss the "Send to Top" and "Send to Bottom" functionality that is in the context menu on Agile boards. I learned how to cut/paste to move tickets but that is a lot of clicks and scrolling for a common (for me) action.
    I saw a comment from Igor in another suggestion to open a new panel with the same structure, and drag the ticket to the top/bottom of the new panel. I tried to do this and I got this error "Cannot move issues inside JQL query result."
    I'm still feeling my way around structure so maybe I'm doing…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support S-JQL in JIRA Cloud

S-JQL is supported in non-Cloud versions of Structure. It would be really helpful if it could be made available to the Cloud version as well.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion!

Unfortunately, Jira Cloud does not support custom JQL functions for now. So it’s not possible to migrate S-JQL as is.
    We may try to find a workaround for some specific use-cases. So could you please describe what you want to do with S-JQL?

7. Can Structure use Portfolio Data

Structure would be a great supplement to the information provided by Portfolio. It would be great if this data could be used by Structure ... perhaps even have a Portfolio Structure Template?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Feedback on Learning About Structures

I'm a product manager and have a technical background, but pretty much had to figure out how structures work using trial and error. I gave up the first few times I tried to build one because I just didn't get what was going on.

It wasn't until I had a need to look at data across teams in a specific way, that without a structure, would have resulted in a ton of duplicated effort in Excel, that I forced myself to figure out how they work. At that point, I also discovered the formula columns and found that documentation to…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create shortcut key for setting tasks on Resolved

A shortcut to set a task on resolved would be appreciated.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "Remove Inserter/Extender Duplicates" generator should also work for non-hierarchical duplicates

When using the "Remove Inserter/Extender Duplicates" generator also non-hierarchical duplicates, based on different used linkage types like "child-of" and "resolved by" should be removed.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow multiple simultaneous updates

The edit capability in the table view is very helpful but even more helpful would be ability to update multiple fields and/or multiple issues. Is copy a row or column or table from Excel into structure table.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. add custom fields to structure-folders

Budgets are often not added as issues. Structure could add value by allowing some limited amount of named custom fields on structure-folders (like notes, but some more). They would bind to a structure and could be accessed from formula columns.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "Effectors" feature for Structure Cloud

Hello, our organization is using Structure apps for our projects management. We just discovered, that in Jira DC/Server the Structure app has a feature called "effectors" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE1dSklL9D8 . Could you add this feature to the Jira Cloud Structure app? If there is any chance to raise the priority of this feature in your roadmap - it would be great!
    This is one of the most important features for us.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Use JIRA Structure as navigation tree on linked Confluence content

JIRA & Confluence are often used hand-in-hand... e.g. new ideas are formulated on CFL, leading to linked tasks in JIRA & followed by documentation etc.. on Confluence again..

The need to reorder issues in JIRA, & use structure to navigate them, can be projected to linked confluence contents as well.

The way i see it, structure widget could replace the space navigation panel.

JIRA issues & corresponding Confluence pages could be linked via labeling (value == structure item ID)

This is the idea in a nutshell, I'd be happy to discuss in more detail if helpful.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Deeper hierarchy in issue types

Our organization would like to have a possibility to create another tasks layer above Epics (like in Jira's advanced roadmaps). For example, I create a new issue type "Initiative" in Jira and then I can group in structure gantt all tasks in this hierarchy:
    Initiative>Epics>Stories, Tasks>Subtasks.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Actually, that’s something Structure can already help you with!

Structure allows creating hierarchies using existing relationships between issues in Jira. If there is a link between two issues, Structure can visualize the relationships in the parent-child form, putting one issue above the other.

You just need to use standard Jira link functionality which is available in any Jira version by default – the ‘blocks’, ‘implements’, etc type of a link. You can configure them at Settings | issues | Issue linking and create links between issues using the Link option on any Issue Page.

And once links exist between Initiative and Epics, then you can build your structure with the desired hierarchy the following way:

1. Create a structure.
    2. Click Automation | + | Insert and type a JQL query to match all Initiatives that you want to add.
    3. Then click + | Extend | Linked Items and…

16. allow showing worklogs for a specific sprint and team

I assume a lot of people want to use structure for reporting as well. Most teams work with sprints and therefore it is essential to be able to select "sprints" as a filter for worklogs in structure views. A structure/or view could show worklogs for a certain sprint only and besides also for the involved team as well

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to hide the time line in the gantt chart view

It is a widely adopted practice to not share specific dates in long term planning and it would therefore be helpful if I could hide the dates/timeline in the gantt view.

The only option today is to zoom out but that is not practical as the feature-bars will become to small and the timeline is still visible but in years.

I want to be able to show how feature A is scheduled before Feature B and that it is dependent upon Feature C being completed without having to show when the features will be worked upon.

Simply hiding, or making…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Report or filter on accumulated fields

FIelds like 'progress', 'estimate' or 'logged' are calculated (accumulated) over the sub-structure under the issue. I would like to be able to report those values in reports (e.g. accumulated estimate) or use them in JQL queries (e.g. accumulated_estimate > 2w)

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. user defined rank attribute

Create an attribute "Rank" to allow a user to manually order stories.

Use case: I want to prioritise stories for a given release. e.g. I have 20 stories and want to rank them 1-20.

Benefits:
    - the ranking is more transparent to a larger audience than the ability to move stories on screen
    - if another user changes the order I can see what was changed

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)