Skip to content

Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Thank you for visiting our feedback website! Feel free to vote or post your own ideas. Make sure you turn on the option to notify you about changes and comments in your account settings, so that you can stay updated about the progress of the ideas you’re interested in.

374 results found

1. Allow compact summary column

The mandatory default summary column includes seemingly unnecessary leading empty space.

I have multiple structure boards in a two-column jira dashboard enabling quick overview of my daily tasks. The horizontal space is therefore very precious and I use a separate "compact" view showing only priority, id, summary, and perhaps status of the issues.

There is currently no possibility to make the summary column more compact, since the summary column cannot be deleted or minimized to make room for a custom one.

The leading whitespace seems to be caused by <span class="s-expander s-fa"></span>. I suggest either removing this whitespace completely…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. activate/deactivate individual transformations in a group

Hello!

We currently have an issue with grouping transformations. We try to improve organizing them and we would like to use the grouping function for that. The issue is that in a group, every transformation is always active. We would like to be able to deactivate some of transformations in a group by hand. It seems like this should be possible, since you can expand a group to see the individual transformations, but you are not able to click on them to deactivate.

This is very unfortunate, since we would like to use this to categorize the transformations. In some…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Quick Group by Date

The new "Quick Group"-Function is really cool to dynamically group structures. Thumbs up for this one!
    Would be great to have also the function to quick-group by date-fields with the options "by year" and "by month".
    So it would easly possible to have a structure to see a throughput by year, by month, by team and so on if I use e.g. resolutiondate

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Export to Word

We'd need the possibilty to export the structure to a Word document. This should apply hierarchy levels for headlines and also include rich content such as embedded images (e.g. in description).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Respect Worklog view permissions or hide work log author filter in Data Center

Structure DC introduced author filters for worklog columns. Unfortunatly, not all columns respect the rights from Tempo Timesheets so if users have only read access to a structure with issues they can effectivly build timesheets for other users, even if this is effectivly forbidden in Tempo Timesheets through Team permissions or View all worklogs project permissions.

This is a huge issue for us as it goes against our Privacy/DSGVO/Union regulations and is prohibitive to a further rollout for structure.

From what I gathered the "Tempo Work Logged" column behaves correctly and respects the permissions.

On the other hand, the standard…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Header/Footer for Print & PDFs

Add ability to edit header and/or footer for print outs. Include fields for Date/Time Printed, Structure Name, Etc.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Calculate context-aware Progress

When displaying structures in a specific context (for example, after selecting a specific Version from the Project view), the Progress roll-up should be done in the context of that version.

For example, assume I have an Epic containing multiple stories which will be completed across several releases. If I view the structure in the context of the upcoming release, it would be nice if the Progress calculation were based solely on those stories targeted for the upcoming release.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Use tokens in the summary to capture recurring fields and indendation levels

By specifying some fields e.g, priority and assignee as well as the indendation level of the issue while entering the summary text of the issue will speed up the data capturing with structure. Please consider having a look at www.checkvist.com for effective keyboard support for increased speed and useability.

Eg use the @ to specify the person eg @john
    use the # sign to specify the priority
    Eg #0 - blocker

1 critical

Tab indentation in the summary for instance indentation level 1 specified by 1> indendation level of 2 specified by >2

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Localization

Do you have prepared structure for translating structure. SWe need a German version.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Navigate to next/previous issue in structure

We want to have the feature to go to the next issue in the stucture.

The scenario is:
    1. You have a structure open
    2. You open up the first issue in a full screen mode
    3. You go to the next issue in the structure. Without jumping back to the structure.

In the same way as you can jump to the next/previous issue after you have performed a filter/search in plain JIRA.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show some type of visual indicator when the progress rollup contains interpolated data

I love the ability of the structure plug-in to roll-up numerical fields of children into their parents (thank you!). As I understand it, if some of the children do not have values, the roll-up algorithm estimates values for those children based on the values set in their peers (i.e the value of the unset children is the average value from all of their peers). Essentially, the structure plug-in is making estimates for the children even if users haven't entered any information.

When that happens, it would be nice if the plug-in offers some kind of indicator on the rolled up…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Limit Structure Depth for "Master" Structures

With all the work being done to create sub-structures or copy portions of structures, the master or enterprise view typically does not need all the detailed subtasks, those will even make that view less usable. It would make that view more useful to have a default depth to open the tree, so if I have
    Issue-1 - Project
    Issue-11 - Milestone
    Issue-111 - task 1
    Issue-112 - Task 2
    Issue-2 - Project 2
    Issue-21 - Milestone
    etc.

I can have structures for the projects with all the details, and the structure for multiple projects defaulting to open to a depth…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I suggest the structure gadget displays the full name of the structure in the dashboards

Currently it truncates the names so it is difficult to tell which structure is displayed.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create a method to prevent parental and causal links to sub-tasks unless those sub-tasks have sub-issues

if you have issues with sub-task type issues there's no way to pull those sub-tasks and any child or resulted in linked issues into a structure without structure creating child and resulted in links for all sub-task tasks of those parent issues. It appears that any configuration of the links synchronizers will results in the sub-tasks getting child and resulted in links to the parent issue. If this is true, I propose the following feature request.
    In the Links Synchronizer, create a sub filtering feature that uses the logic of: "don't create parental or causal links for sub-task type issues…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. import from excel

First set of columns each represent a structure level.
    Following structure, top row includes field names for data entry (e.g. Story Points, Type=Epic, Story...

(not sure if this will come through or not, but something like this:

|Level1 |Level2|Level3 |Level4 ... |Type |Story Points|
    |Jurassic Park| | | ... |Epic |
    |Jurassic Park|T-Rex| | ... |New Feature|
    |Jurassic Park|T-Rex|Goat Release| ... |Story |
    |Jurassic Park|T-Rex|Goat Release| As a goat I can be raised up so the T-Rex can eat me|Story| 8 |
    |Jurassic Park|T-Rex|Goat Release| As a goat I can NOT escape so that I will live|Story| 2 |

Note…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Print Structure Cleanly

Right now, I have two choices, export to Excel or print from the structure board.

In our situation, the description and acceptance criteria have bullets, numbers and other items allowed in JIRA's rich editor.

When exporting to Excel, this renders as HTML tags which Office does not accept and render correctly.

When using the print functionality, JIRA Issues cross over page breaks (which we could fix if we could have it render in Excel)

The reason this is a concern for us is that or customers want to be able to review the technical architecture. ePrinting is our only real…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show progress of selected issue/task in Confluence

In our company we use very closely JIRA and Confluence. Structure allows us to properly organize issues based on our demands and workflows and it works perfectly for people who are assigning tasks or implementing them. But we use Confluence for executive summary of progress on specific builds where would be very helpful if we can display progress bar of a specific issue (counted from all issues below of selected issue in the hierarchy). This way we would be able to create great overviews like e.g. "Bug fixing of Feature1", "Implementing Feature2", ... with progress bars behind without a need…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Connnect more than one JIRA instance

When working with external partners they often use their own JIRA instance. You can connect them via the JIRA application link feature with your own JIRA instance and are able to set links between issues in the two JIRA instances this way.

It would be great to be able to display linked issues from the remote JIRA in your own structures.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. ...have separators, or sticky issues, that stay on top.

My idea is that I want specific issues to not be affected by the sorting. Not affected, so that they can stay on top (or bottom).

Another cool way to do this may be a separator or separators, that can be added similar to the way folders are added. Except these separators allow their content to stay where the user assigns it to.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hide empty folders

In structure folders created based on custom fields will show "no value"-folder in case issues haven't set the related custom field. It would be nice to get an option to define whether to show such "no value" folders or to show such issues without a folder under their parent.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 18 19