Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Thank you for visiting our feedback website! Feel free to vote or post your own ideas. Make sure you turn on the option to notify you about changes and comments in your account settings, so that you can stay updated about the progress of the ideas you’re interested in.

1. when auto scheduling in gantt, have start and finish dates synced with a field in issue.

when auto scheduling in gantt, start and finish dates are not synced with Start Date and End Date of the issue and later when generating reports, we cant have a realistic report

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow importing XRay tests creating a tree of folders corresponding to a test path in the XRay test repository

XRay instroduced a Test Repository in v3. Now every XRay test has a field 'Repository Path' looking like: '/Test Repository/Release 1/Phase 1/AAA/'.

However, the Structure view is still better than XRay repository. It would be great to be able to import XRay tests recreating the same folder structure as in the XRay test repository automatically. So that users can use both XRay test repository AND Structure.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to hide the time line in the gantt chart view

It is a widely adopted practice to not share specific dates in long term planning and it would therefore be helpful if I could hide the dates/timeline in the gantt view.

The only option today is to zoom out but that is not practical as the feature-bars will become to small and the timeline is still visible but in years.

I want to be able to show how feature A is scheduled before Feature B and that it is dependent upon Feature C being completed without having to show when the features will be worked upon.

Simply hiding, or making…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add hash marks to the parent bar in Gantt based on child dates

Allow the ability to add hash marks to the parent time bar in Gantt based on child dates. This would allow to see milestones without cluttering the view with multiple child issues.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please add Expr function to return number of working days between 2 dates or in general work with Calendars defined in Gantt

Hi Almworks,

We need very simple capacity management in Structure. For this to work we have almost everything:
    - ability to aggregate from tasks to Epics (and higher levels) for remaining estimates and spent
    - Top-level group can act as a teams, for which we can defined daily capacity and planned work ratio (using field with CASE() for example)

What we lack is we can't calculate remaining capacity considering resources availability, mostly because we can't use production calendars (similar to NETWORKDAYS() of Excel) If we had this ability we could automatically build Structure view which shows current remaining estimates vs.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Structure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support dependency offsets

As a project planner I need to be able to define a dependency with an offset.
    Example: Task 5 can start 3 days after Task 4 starts. I would define that as a Start-to-start dependency from Task 5 on Task 4 with a +3 day offset.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Regular Expression Text Function for substring extraction

A regular express text function would be very useful to extract content from a Text field into a column.

For example, if a Description field has:

Name: Value
    Name1: Value2

I can write a regex formula to extract out the value for Name: into a Column.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have the ability to extend with certain add-on provided entities such as Adaptavist Test Management for Jira (kanoah).

I know it's not likely that you can interface with every other add-on that structure customers might also use, but selfishly, I would love to be able to view all test cases associated with an issue under that issue (similar to Extend with linked issue).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. number of comments

Add a count of the number of comments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Choose what group label to display and which order for field fixVersion

This idea is a to provide a way to display only (or to hide) some fixVersion instead off all of them when we use the grouping feature. If it is possible to choose the storing order (asc, dsc) it would be awesome !

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Gantt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. "Sum over Sub-items" For Dates / Aggregate Dates - with the ability to choose Max or Min Date

I'd like to see my dates roll up the hierarchy so that I can see higher level estimates as they roll up. For example, if I have a folder for a project and I have a number of tasks underneath, I'd like to see the latest due date in the project, or the earliest start date.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As a gantt user, I would like to get my fix versions as milestones

As a gantt user, I would like to get my the release date of my versions automatically projected as milestones on the timeline, so that when I bind a task to it, it automatically update the fix version/s field.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Gantt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. offer a way to save your column widths with a view and with the perspective view.

Our users will customize their view, setting the column widths in a way that allows them to best see the data in the view. While Structure does a great job of preserving this, in their session, there is no way to save the column widths, either in a saved view or in the "perspective view", from the Share button. Our users would like to share these adjusted column widths with other members of their team.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support 3+ Multi-Cascading Selects

Automation + Grouping on Multi-Cascading Select fields is a top-notch function that allows users to efficiently organize complex datasets, but are functionally limited to deeper organizations.

If I start using the Jira-system 2-tiered multi-cascading select field in Structure for my issues, but then decide I need to switch to a 3-tiered mutli-cascading select to model my data, I sacrifice the functionality of Structure for the flexibility of another add-on.

Including support in Structure for n+ Multi-Cascading Selects, e.g iDalko's multi-select field (using MySQL), would help users like myself fully harness the capabilities of automated issue structures

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Use the standard Atlassian User Interface objects

I would suggest you to resort exclusively to the AUI objects for your interface instead of your custom ones that clearly gives the impression that you are exiting the Jira world to step into another one.
    I think you user would deserve a smoother user experience, with the same kind of buttons, icons, tables to which they are already used to. I'm especially talking about the transformation/filters features that should be improved in that direction to my mind. Thanks for you great achievement!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. add custom fields to structure-folders

Budgets are often not added as issues. Structure could add value by allowing some limited amount of named custom fields on structure-folders (like notes, but some more). They would bind to a structure and could be accessed from formula columns.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Documentation Update - How to create a new Formula Column

The Structure 4.5 documentation doesn't identify how to create a NEW Formula Column.
    https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Formula+Column

Step 1 should identify how to add a new field, not how to write the formula.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. allow showing worklogs for a specific sprint and team

I assume a lot of people want to use structure for reporting as well. Most teams work with sprints and therefore it is essential to be able to select "sprints" as a filter for worklogs in structure views. A structure/or view could show worklogs for a certain sprint only and besides also for the involved team as well

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. allow filtering a centralized time period for a view with multiple worklog columns

when you report worklogs with structure, you want to use the worklog column and specify a time period.
    If you add multiple columns, it is quite an effort to change the time period from eg. dates of jan to feb. (currentmonth is helpful, but somewhat too dynamic if you want to compare months)

To easily switch between months it is necessary to switch the time period you look on on the view level and influence alle worklog columns this way.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base