improve support for Quick Transformations
Currently you can save transformations as quick transformations which is a great feature. I see however certain potential to make it even better:
- Combine several transformations into a single Quick Transformation (e.g. filtering and grouping)
- Define Quick Transformations for the "Jira" part of the double grid: I often look for items assigned to a version in order to add them to my structure. It would be super convenient if I could save it as a Quick Transformation.
Thanks for your consideration and keep up the great work!
Stefan, thanks for the clarification!
Stefan Egli commented
1. Very good :-)
2. Sharing these transformations is not really important to me. I would be happy enough if I can save them only for me.
I could imagine though that it would be possible to let the "Queries" part know if it is displayed side-by-side with a structure (i.e. the double grid view). In that case the definitions could be saved as part of the structure (with the restrictions that you mention). But as I stated before: Your proposal is good enough for me.
Thanks for the quick response!
Thanks for the feedback! Those are really great ideas.
1. We also had the idea of combining several transformations into one, but it involved creating a higher-level concept like "Recipe". It's recorded in our list of future improvements.
2. I understand that you'd like to change the quick transformations that are shown for queries. Would you like to have the transformations that you set up shared with other users?
The reason Quick Transformations are currently not adjustable for queries is that the the transformations settings are attached to the structure and use structure's permissions -- only admins of a structure can set up quick transformations for it, and they will be shown to all users.
When we allow adjusting quick transformations for queries, the simplest thing we could do is to allow each user to have their own set of transformations. But then you wouldn't be able to share it with other people. Is that ok?