improve "templates" functionality and provide simple interface to work with it
- That's will be useful to have a possibility to create structure by one click.
Ex. It could be a quick button (as jira has "+ Create issue" at the right top conner). When I click on it, I can choose template name & click create. That's all.
- Sub-tickets in template structure should be predefined, so I don't want to specify each time what project it should be and what options to copy.
- In existing structure that's will be nice to have a possibility to create tickets\sub-tickets using templates for issue. Ex. I want to have a possibility to easy create 1 more ticket for JS. And I don't want to find other JS issue first to copy it. I want to use templates (issues with predefined filelds).
I'm sorry, I cannot tell ETA for this feature. It's on our radar, but it's not currently in the works, so it is definitely not going to be delivered at least within next 2 months.
I advise for your decisions assume that this feature is not there.
Maxim Merkushev commented
Thank you for answer.
Could you tell me approximately when it could be done?
It will helpful to understand should we wait improvement from you or it is better to find other temporary solution before you will do.
Maxim, thanks for your suggestions.
This is actually 2 different ideas:
1. Simplify creating a new structure from template structure (remember cloning parameters + additional UI for quickly creating a structure)
2. Templates for new issues - as preset values for some fields, or a sample issue to copy from
Both ideas are very cool and we'll look into implementing them in the future versions.