Skip to content

Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Thank you for visiting our feedback website! Feel free to vote or post your own ideas. Make sure you turn on the option to notify you about changes and comments in your account settings, so that you can stay updated about the progress of the ideas you’re interested in.

173 results found

1. Have a right click contextual menu instead of the gear and hover that sticks to the far right forcing me to scroll every single time I edit

Right now everytime you edit a structure item (eg change status or Link to another issue) when the screen redraws the focus is forced to the bottom right. This then requires the user to have to scroll first before they can take any further action on a structure item. I find I have to do 10 - 15 unnecessary mouse transaction to edit a test case, block it and then link it to the blocking item

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. allow a status synchronizer to allow rollups based the first subitem entering the next stage

The status synchronizer allows as of today(2.0.0) only a rollup of the status to the parent when all children have reached this status (i.e. all children are "done" > parent is set to "done").

Imagine a workflow like: open > in progress > done.

For the status "in progress" it would be great to have a "roll-up once the first subitem enters a new state". So the parent reflects the new status once the first sub-item has been moved from "open" into "in progress".

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Use lightboxes when managing structure properties

Currently when editing a structure (Operations->Configure), you are throw into a new page for editing. When you are finished and go back, the structure list reloads and moves you to the top and I cannot find my place anymore. This is a problem when you are viewing a list of over a thousand structures.

A popup lightbox would make things much better and allow me to keep my place in the list of structures. This could apply to sync settings, and all other management operations.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support entering data into mandatory fields on SubIssue creation

when you are creating a sub issue you might hit a wall when the creation of the issue have some mandatory fields which needs to be filled out.first.
    it should be possible to enter data during sub issue creation.
    it is already shown which fields that need to field out.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. support project roles in JIRA

Structure currently only supports permission groups but not project roles. If a project is set to support project roles then there could be surprises if some users are part of the right role but do not belong to the groups that Structure has been permitted to.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Combine multiple filters for synchronization

Say I have two members in a structure, Epic1 and Epic2. I created two filters, Epic1 Resolved Bugs, and Epic2 Resolved Bugs, and created synchonized filters accordingly. Now I see all the Epic1 resolved bugs under Epic1, and Epic2 resolvedbugs under Epic2, as expected. Now I just want to see resolved bugs fixed at a certain version. I'll have to edit each filter to accomplish this. It'd be nice if I can AND a "Fixed by VersionX" filter to ALL the filters, and then just change this filter everytime.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Need additional mark for Closed issues

Structure shows check mark when issue is resolved, but I want another mark if issue is closed!

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When due date is set, automatically calculate remaining estimate and turn on time tracking

If an issue has a Due Date, calculate automatically days to complete and set that value as a Remaining Estimate, and turn on Time Tracking automatically.

При установке срока задачи сделать возможность автоматического учета рабочего времени

Если в задаче установлен срок то автоматически высчитывать сколько времени в днях она займет и выставлять в поле планируемое время это значение и автоматически включать учет времени.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Combine structures

Structures Seouls be able to be added up

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Show sum of time columns

I would like the bottom line of the structure widget to also show the sum of remaining estimates for all (shown) issues in the structure.

For example, I have a structure with issues for our next release. I would like to enter a filter like "fixVersion=<currentSprint>" to see issues assigned to the current sprint, how they are spread across overall plan, and also see the remaining estimates for the sprint.

The bottom already say something like "Showing 25 issues (100 issues are not shown)", so there's quite enough space to say "Showing 25 issues (10 weeks remaining) | 100 issues…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add user stories w/out subtasks automatically to the product backlog by using the greenhopper epic synchronization

There is a separate setting to auto include the sub-task, by I am sure I didn't tick the box (I tried it 3 times).
    It looks like the synchronization is always adding the sub-task regardless if you want them or not. This has worked before but recently I get the sub-task in the product backlog as well. We recently upgraded from 5.7.2 to 5.8.6 so maybe something in 5.8 broke this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add editing roles for users

Lock specified users for editing just specified (or their) issues.
    Give ability for specified user create issue subtasks, change estimates, etc. but lock title editing, assignee

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow you to wrap text in a column in the structure view.

I would like to be able to see 6 columns and have the option to see ALL the text wrapped not just the starting text. I'd like to retain the option to just see the starting text too though. I have used the full screen real estate but I can still only see the start of the wording.

Current work around is to only have 1 or 2 columns showing at once and add in the others as necessary later.

e.g. View currently shows:

Summary Description Labels Components Assignee

Client Doc Data in clie Docum Disclosure Sarah Sm

I'd like…

107 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Not show tasks and subtasks when using the GreenHopper's Rank and Epic/Theme fields Syncronize w/ auto-add subtask deselected

when selecting the Greenhopper syncronize w/ the epic/theme field selected and the auto-add subtask option deselected, structure is still bringing in tasks and it's subtasks. We were expecting only to see Themes, Epics and Stories in our structure. In addition, when we have Rank syncronize selected as well, it doesn't always line up with Greenhopper.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Localization

Do you have prepared structure for translating structure. SWe need a German version.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Possibility to disable/filter the Structure notifications in the project & user Activity Streams

Currently only the Actitvity Stream "gadget" has the option to configure filters.
    The standard (non-gadget) Jira Activity Stream on the Project Summary page & on the User profile page does not have this option. Hence these Activity Streams are heavily 'polluted" with Syncronizer updates and are becoming useless..

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Automatically create issues to represent structures

Allow structures to have attachments, comments, workflow, etc by creating an issue for each existing structure. This could be automated by the Structure plugin.

Let the administrator configure a special project / issue type for those issues.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Calculate context-aware Progress

When displaying structures in a specific context (for example, after selecting a specific Version from the Project view), the Progress roll-up should be done in the context of that version.

For example, assume I have an Epic containing multiple stories which will be completed across several releases. If I view the structure in the context of the upcoming release, it would be nice if the Progress calculation were based solely on those stories targeted for the upcoming release.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Search Result Panel: option to display other structures with their hierarhies

It would be great if Structure has an option to display other structures in search result panel, not just list of available issues in JIRA by search criteria.

For example, user may select from the list of available structures to display in search result and add issue with all its hierarchy tree to his structure.
    Permissions apply, of course.

A few point that I thought of:
    1) User must have "view" permissions to view and select the structure from the list and add issues to his structure.
    2) Permissions should apply on the issue / project level. User should not…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Structure for JIRA: Ideas