Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Thank you for visiting our feedback website! Feel free to vote or post your own ideas. Make sure you turn on the option to notify you about changes and comments in your account settings, so that you can stay updated about the progress of the ideas you’re interested in.

1. Export Resource usage to excel, to generate shareable reports

I'd like to be able to share resource usage information with people not using jira.
    Export to excel of the resource usage table could be useful.
    Graphical and printable representations of table also could be useful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Combine multiple filters for synchronization

Say I have two members in a structure, Epic1 and Epic2. I created two filters, Epic1 Resolved Bugs, and Epic2 Resolved Bugs, and created synchonized filters accordingly. Now I see all the Epic1 resolved bugs under Epic1, and Epic2 resolvedbugs under Epic2, as expected. Now I just want to see resolved bugs fixed at a certain version. I'll have to edit each filter to accomplish this. It'd be nice if I can AND a "Fixed by VersionX" filter to ALL the filters, and then just change this filter everytime.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Structure subscription

I have been searching for an option to subscribe to a structure (similar to a filter). If this is not available, it might be a good idea to add this as some of the structures cannot be created using filters.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When due date is set, automatically calculate remaining estimate and turn on time tracking

If an issue has a Due Date, calculate automatically days to complete and set that value as a Remaining Estimate, and turn on Time Tracking automatically.

При установке срока задачи сделать возможность автоматического учета рабочего времени

Если в задаче установлен срок то автоматически высчитывать сколько времени в днях она займет и выставлять в поле планируемое время это значение и автоматически включать учет времени.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Expr Language Documentation Shows Semi-Colons in Formulas, but You Can Use Commas

All the Expr language documentation shows semi-colons in formulas, but you can use commas. It would be good to indicate this somewhere as many people are in the habit of writing commas inside formulas to separate arguments and it is hard to get into the habit of typing semi-colons just when using a structure formula.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow me to include explanatory text

I build Structures for people to look at. There is always a type of interpretation I need them to make.

So, I need the ability to put at the top and bottom of the page an explanation of what they are looking at and how they should read it.

For instance, on a budget, to say "this sum of Remaining Estimate field is shown as 1w1d5h but should be interpreted as X hours; Export to Excel, total the field and multiply by our hourly rate * 24/8 for a billing number"

Else people land on the screen and say "so…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show ellipses menu for issues

Show the [...] menu for an issue to allow standard features such as assign, workflow transistions etc as is done elsewhere in JIRA.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  4 comments  ·  Structure Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Removal of manual location of individual issues

When an issue is shifted manually around in a generated hierarchy, it retrieves the "hand" symbol and the position seems to be memorized in an (invisible, structure internal) attribute. Sometimes this memorized position gets in conflict with updates generator rules etc. and I want to withdraw the manual relocation. But not for all relocated issues (which is possible) but only for individual ones.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Structure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hide the days and unworkable hours of the gantt grid. Especially when it is extended to the maximum (hours)

When the maximum detailing of the gantt chart is done, the days and hours that do not end up representing a greater amount of columns in the gantt. It would be much more practical with great visualization without these columns. Especially when there is a need to visualize tasks that are defined with small loads of hours and to be executed on the same day.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Feedback on Learning About Structures

I'm a product manager and have a technical background, but pretty much had to figure out how structures work using trial and error. I gave up the first few times I tried to build one because I just didn't get what was going on.

It wasn't until I had a need to look at data across teams in a specific way, that without a structure, would have resulted in a ton of duplicated effort in Excel, that I forced myself to figure out how they work. At that point, I also discovered the formula columns and found that documentation to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reorganize the ManageStructure page

• allow us to specify a short name for each synchronizer

• move the items which appear once per structure, i.e., Name, Owner, Access, Popularity, Operations, out of the table to a header, so that the information in the Sync With column could be expanded: this would allow more room so that the Sychronizer Short Name could be displayed, and the type of synchronizer would not line-wrap.
      Thanks !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. number of comments

Add a count of the number of comments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Progress by TimeTracking original/remaining split

Use colour to show time remaining vs original estimate as in standard JIRA progress fields when using time for estimates

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Structure Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the request.

Could you please clarify it a little bit and share your use case? Do you want this progress bar to be split on estimated, remaining and logged separately as in standard Jira On-Premise? Or what would you like to see in this column actually? How are you going to use it?

15. Implement a 'Progress Bar' for the structures while they're uploading

Currently, there are no indicators of how long will it take to show up a structure and the 'spinning wheel' is showing up to several minutes (while uploading/reindexing a large number of tickets.
    The progress bar will help to determine that the 'work in progress' and there are no issues/hangs during this process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  0 comments  ·  Structure Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Let user to zoom in and focus on just one hierarchy level

One of the features that makes Workflowy so great, is the possibility to zoom-in to one hierarchy level only. I think this could work for Structure as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to Stop Structure from Updating So You Can Change the Automation

When trying to get the automation correct for a complex structure, you can spend a lot of time just waiting for things to load so you can update the automation. Would be great if there is a way to click on the spinning weel to stop the automation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Integration on Jira Agile

It's very useful the integration with Jira Agile (on Jira 6 and next releases), so I can see near the tab Epic and Version (in the backlog view) also the other structure that I can build.
    Actually, I have to manage two different views: Structure view and Backlog view. It's better to integrate this two views.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Folder metadata

It would be useful to have folder metadata. There are many uses for this but at a high level you could definitely folder types (strategic vs. operational), provide folder owners etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base