Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Thank you for visiting our feedback website! Feel free to vote or post your own ideas. Make sure you turn on the option to notify you about changes and comments in your account settings, so that you can stay updated about the progress of the ideas you’re interested in.

1. Have a right click contextual menu instead of the gear and hover that sticks to the far right forcing me to scroll every single time I edit

Right now everytime you edit a structure item (eg change status or Link to another issue) when the screen redraws the focus is forced to the bottom right. This then requires the user to have to scroll first before they can take any further action on a structure item. I find I have to do 10 - 15 unnecessary mouse transaction to edit a test case, block it and then link it to the blocking item

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. notify if any issues are edited in a structure

Whenever any issues in the structure is edited, notification should go to people subscribed for structure to indicate structure content is changed

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Structure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Resource Leveling Options

Allow Gantt bars to consider an issue's "Remaining Estimate" value when computing the resource usage. Currently, we have issues with a start and end date, and are using time tracking which keeps track of "Remaining Estimate".

But the Gantt bars are allocating by default, the value of "1.0". So the quadrant for resource usage is computing a total resource need that is assuming everyone is allocated 1 full day for every assignment. If an assignee has 8 things going on in a given day, it's reporting 64 hours need by that person per day! If instead the resource usage would…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  1 comment  ·  Gantt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Better Transitions

By example, we use stories and have them implement features. Our final state for stories is "Closed" and when all stories are closed we want to have the feature change it's state to "Ready for Production" however there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.

To that end, it would be nice if we could say that for state X we could specify what transitions could go there given that its sub-items state may be different.

Example:
    Feature Workflow has "In Progress" --- {Ready To Deploy} --->>> "Ready for Production"
    Story Workflow has "Verify" --- {Ready To Deploy}…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Filter the issues that aren't picked up by the generators

To force a rebuild of the structure based on generator rules only.
    The filter would help to identify the issues manually added into the structure.
    Then we can decide which issues (all or selected) to remove from the structure if not relevant.

Problem: We cannot remove all the issues from the structure. There's a warning when removing at least one issue that is picked up by the generators, and when we acknoledge all the issues come back.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add the 'caused by' link type to the Link Extender

We would like to add the 'caused by' link type to the Link Extender. It is not currently an option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  1 comment  ·  Gantt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Would really like to be able to color fields, columns or rows in structure chart (without having to pay for expensive plugin)

I create some rather large Structure charts with multiple levels of nesting. Want to be able to highlight aspects of the chart (Rows, Cells, Columns) with color. This helps with focus (these items are critical), organization and overall visual appeal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add "Basic" search feature as an alternative to JQL

For users who are not well versed in JQL, it would be nice to have the ability to add Jira filters in a way that is comparable to Jira's "Basic" search feature, rather than by inputting the JQL manually.

Perhaps, on the dialog that is displayed when the user adds a JQL insert automation for the first time, we could have a "Basic" link that converts the query to the basic view, just like Jira's issue navigator. Then, all the JQL would be converted into a series of UI inputs (user pickers, drop-downs, etc).

In addition to this, it would…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  1 comment  ·  Structure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. have the ability to control the visible amount of a custom field

I currently use a custom field for scope statements and wkly highlight reports. As far as I know, Structure only allows me to see a small excerpt of this field. I would like to be able to control the amount I can see (maybe in number of characters / lines). That way I can view issues listed in a Structure and see at least 2 or 3 paragraphs of the report/statement at once.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add editing roles for users

Lock specified users for editing just specified (or their) issues.
    Give ability for specified user create issue subtasks, change estimates, etc. but lock title editing, assignee

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Group by Link Type

Group by Link Type.

We have many link types used to represent different things.

E.g.
    - A "Story" ticket may [LinkType: Satisfy] many "Acceptance Criteria" tickets
    - A "Bug" ticket may [LinkType: Block] a "Story Ticket"
    - An "Epic" may [LinkType: Solve] a "High Level Requirement" ticket

Where tickets have multiple types of link coming from them, would be nice to have that as an explicit folder / grouping in the tree.

E.g.
    Story X
    > Blocked By

Bug Y

Bug Z

> Solves

Acceptance Criteria A

Acceptance Criteria B

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  1 comment  ·  Structure Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show hierarchy on filtered issues

When you filter with JQL in structure, the hierarchy below is not shown if sub issues don't match the filter.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please add personal option to hide it completely.

I really hate your plugin but it is adopted by my company. Please add personal option to hide it completely.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. calculate % complete through today

Field that automatically calculates percent complete from task start date through current day.
    Eg, if I opened the schedule today (Sept 30):
    Task1: Sept 1 – Oct 31, 50%
    Task2: Sept 1 – Sept 30, 100%
    Task3: Oct 1 – Oct 31, 0%

And opening the schedule on Oct 31, they would all show 100%

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Line Break when composing text with CONCAT function

When using the CONCAT function, I would like to use the special character "line break" in the text I'm composing.
    How can it be done?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. As a user I would like to be able to view issues in a side pane instead of having to load a new page

As a user, I would like to be able to view issues in a side pane instead of having to load a new page, so I save time in looking at the details of each issue

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Structure Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion!

We cannot reuse Jira’s issue view, so we will have to implement our own, and implementing it will be a challenge. Most of the Jira fields can already be viewed inside Structure and changed by inline editing.

Could you please describe what you would like to view or edit in the side panel?

20. Search Result Panel: option to display other structures with their hierarhies

It would be great if Structure has an option to display other structures in search result panel, not just list of available issues in JIRA by search criteria.

For example, user may select from the list of available structures to display in search result and add issue with all its hierarchy tree to his structure.
    Permissions apply, of course.

A few point that I thought of:
    1) User must have "view" permissions to view and select the structure from the list and add issues to his structure.
    2) Permissions should apply on the issue / project level. User should not…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base