Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Thank you for visiting our feedback website! Feel free to vote or post your own ideas. Make sure you turn on the option to notify you about changes and comments in your account settings, so that you can stay updated about the progress of the ideas you’re interested in.

1. be able to export to .xlsx (xlsx-Format, MS Excel 2016 and higher)

Our users like to export their structures to .xlsx to use the full functionality of modern Excel.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    accepted  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. have a aggregation modifier #fromTopToMe #fromBottomToMe

To provide a backlog forecast it is essential to show what content could be done within a certain time or time budget. If we configure the budget in a top level issues custom field, structure could SUM not only by level, but also the contents of the current list of elements (eg. by priority) and a formula could show from which element the budget is overspent.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create column for Greenhopper Agile version

Greenhopper's Agile plugin allows for nested "versions" to define Agile Sprints within a top-level planned release. This is represented in JIRA as comma-separated items in the Fix Version/s column.

The Agile Planning Board is smart enough to show the last Version in that comma-separated list indicating the current sprint to which an issue is assigned. Structure is showing all the comma-separated versions which takes up a lot of column width space (particularly considering the Structure view does not wrap text in columns...).

Would you consider creating an Agile Version column that is essentially the last item in the Fix Version/s…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "Sum over Sub-items" For Dates / Aggregate Dates - with the ability to choose Max or Min Date

I'd like to see my dates roll up the hierarchy so that I can see higher level estimates as they roll up. For example, if I have a folder for a project and I have a number of tasks underneath, I'd like to see the latest due date in the project, or the earliest start date.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Name in issue viewer

When beeing displayed in the issue viewer and the default structure name should be "None" to avoid confusion as another structure name makes it seem to belong to one.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Regular Expression Text Function for substring extraction

A regular express text function would be very useful to extract content from a Text field into a column.

For example, if a Description field has:

Name: Value
    Name1: Value2

I can write a regex formula to extract out the value for Name: into a Column.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to hide the time line in the gantt chart view

It is a widely adopted practice to not share specific dates in long term planning and it would therefore be helpful if I could hide the dates/timeline in the gantt view.

The only option today is to zoom out but that is not practical as the feature-bars will become to small and the timeline is still visible but in years.

I want to be able to show how feature A is scheduled before Feature B and that it is dependent upon Feature C being completed without having to show when the features will be worked upon.

Simply hiding, or making…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  0 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show progress of selected issue/task in Confluence

In our company we use very closely JIRA and Confluence. Structure allows us to properly organize issues based on our demands and workflows and it works perfectly for people who are assigning tasks or implementing them. But we use Confluence for executive summary of progress on specific builds where would be very helpful if we can display progress bar of a specific issue (counted from all issues below of selected issue in the hierarchy). This way we would be able to create great overviews like e.g. "Bug fixing of Feature1", "Implementing Feature2", ... with progress bars behind without a need…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Use tokens in the summary to capture recurring fields and indendation levels

By specifying some fields e.g, priority and assignee as well as the indendation level of the issue while entering the summary text of the issue will speed up the data capturing with structure. Please consider having a look at www.checkvist.com for effective keyboard support for increased speed and useability.

Eg use the @ to specify the person eg @john
    use the # sign to specify the priority
    Eg #0 - blocker

1 critical

Tab indentation in the summary for instance indentation level 1 specified by 1> indendation level of 2 specified by >2

>1

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I suggest the structure gadget displays the full name of the structure in the dashboards

Currently it truncates the names so it is difficult to tell which structure is displayed.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show some type of visual indicator when the progress rollup contains interpolated data

I love the ability of the structure plug-in to roll-up numerical fields of children into their parents (thank you!). As I understand it, if some of the children do not have values, the roll-up algorithm estimates values for those children based on the values set in their peers (i.e the value of the unset children is the average value from all of their peers). Essentially, the structure plug-in is making estimates for the children even if users haven't entered any information.

When that happens, it would be nice if the plug-in offers some kind of indicator on the rolled up…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Require the user to confirm a deletion of an issue before it is removed from the structure.

Require the user to confirm a deletion of an issue before it is removed from the structure. Right now there is a message that an issue has been deleted, but my users aren't noticing the message. Need to make them verify the deletion before it will occur.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. JIRA Dashboard gadget for cloud

JIRA dashboard gadget would be good showing a pre-defined structure.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Structure Cloud  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Print Structure Cleanly

Right now, I have two choices, export to Excel or print from the structure board.

In our situation, the description and acceptance criteria have bullets, numbers and other items allowed in JIRA's rich editor.

When exporting to Excel, this renders as HTML tags which Office does not accept and render correctly.

When using the print functionality, JIRA Issues cross over page breaks (which we could fix if we could have it render in Excel)

The reason this is a concern for us is that or customers want to be able to review the technical architecture. ePrinting is our only real…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Limit Structure Depth for "Master" Structures

With all the work being done to create sub-structures or copy portions of structures, the master or enterprise view typically does not need all the detailed subtasks, those will even make that view less usable. It would make that view more useful to have a default depth to open the tree, so if I have
    Issue-1 - Project

Issue-11 - Milestone

Issue-111 - task 1
    Issue-112 - Task 2

Issue-2 - Project 2

Issue-21 - Milestone

etc.

I can have structures for the projects with all the details, and the structure for multiple projects defaulting to open to a depth…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show additional information on the ressources panel

The ressource panel only indicates the ressource name. For supporting scheduling It would be very helpful to have more information directly in the ressource panel, e.g. "Units", used calendar and a marker or counter that x availability periods are aligned to the respective resource.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Resource Leveling Options

Allow Gantt bars to consider an issue's "Remaining Estimate" value when computing the resource usage. Currently, we have issues with a start and end date, and are using time tracking which keeps track of "Remaining Estimate".

But the Gantt bars are allocating by default, the value of "1.0". So the quadrant for resource usage is computing a total resource need that is assuming everyone is allocated 1 full day for every assignment. If an assignee has 8 things going on in a given day, it's reporting 64 hours need by that person per day! If instead the resource usage would…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  1 comment  ·  Gantt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow Better Transitions

By example, we use stories and have them implement features. Our final state for stories is "Closed" and when all stories are closed we want to have the feature change it's state to "Ready for Production" however there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.

To that end, it would be nice if we could say that for state X we could specify what transitions could go there given that its sub-items state may be different.

Example:
    Feature Workflow has "In Progress" --- {Ready To Deploy} --->>> "Ready for Production"
    Story Workflow has "Verify" --- {Ready To Deploy}…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  1 comment  ·  Gantt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base