Skip to content

Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Thank you for visiting our feedback website! Feel free to vote or post your own ideas. Make sure you turn on the option to notify you about changes and comments in your account settings, so that you can stay updated about the progress of the ideas you’re interested in.

374 results found

1. offer a way to save your column widths with a view and with the perspective view.

Our users will customize their view, setting the column widths in a way that allows them to best see the data in the view. While Structure does a great job of preserving this, in their session, there is no way to save the column widths, either in a saved view or in the "perspective view", from the Share button. Our users would like to share these adjusted column widths with other members of their team.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to hide the time line in the gantt chart view

It is a widely adopted practice to not share specific dates in long term planning and it would therefore be helpful if I could hide the dates/timeline in the gantt view.

The only option today is to zoom out but that is not practical as the feature-bars will become to small and the timeline is still visible but in years.

I want to be able to show how feature A is scheduled before Feature B and that it is dependent upon Feature C being completed without having to show when the features will be worked upon.

Simply hiding, or making…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. As a gantt user, I would like to get my fix versions as milestones

As a gantt user, I would like to get my the release date of my versions automatically projected as milestones on the timeline, so that when I bind a task to it, it automatically update the fix version/s field.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. number of comments

Add a count of the number of comments.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show additional information on the ressources panel

The ressource panel only indicates the ressource name. For supporting scheduling It would be very helpful to have more information directly in the ressource panel, e.g. "Units", used calendar and a marker or counter that x availability periods are aligned to the respective resource.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  Alexey Pegov responded

Hi!

Thank you for a suggestion. Showing more info is indeed a good idea and it is actually planned.

6. have a aggregation modifier #fromTopToMe #fromBottomToMe

To provide a backlog forecast it is essential to show what content could be done within a certain time or time budget. If we configure the budget in a top level issues custom field, structure could SUM not only by level, but also the contents of the current list of elements (eg. by priority) and a formula could show from which element the budget is overspent.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Send to top/send to bottom

I miss the "Send to Top" and "Send to Bottom" functionality that is in the context menu on Agile boards. I learned how to cut/paste to move tickets but that is a lot of clicks and scrolling for a common (for me) action.
    I saw a comment from Igor in another suggestion to open a new panel with the same structure, and drag the ticket to the top/bottom of the new panel. I tried to do this and I got this error "Cannot move issues inside JQL query result."
    I'm still feeling my way around structure so maybe I'm doing…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. add custom fields to structure-folders

Budgets are often not added as issues. Structure could add value by allowing some limited amount of named custom fields on structure-folders (like notes, but some more). They would bind to a structure and could be accessed from formula columns.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Support 3+ Multi-Cascading Selects

Automation + Grouping on Multi-Cascading Select fields is a top-notch function that allows users to efficiently organize complex datasets, but are functionally limited to deeper organizations.

If I start using the Jira-system 2-tiered multi-cascading select field in Structure for my issues, but then decide I need to switch to a 3-tiered mutli-cascading select to model my data, I sacrifice the functionality of Structure for the flexibility of another add-on.

Including support in Structure for n+ Multi-Cascading Selects, e.g iDalko's multi-select field (using MySQL), would help users like myself fully harness the capabilities of automated issue structures

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Use the standard Atlassian User Interface objects

I would suggest you to resort exclusively to the AUI objects for your interface instead of your custom ones that clearly gives the impression that you are exiting the Jira world to step into another one.
    I think you user would deserve a smoother user experience, with the same kind of buttons, icons, tables to which they are already used to. I'm especially talking about the transformation/filters features that should be improved in that direction to my mind. Thanks for you great achievement!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. allow showing worklogs for a specific sprint and team

I assume a lot of people want to use structure for reporting as well. Most teams work with sprints and therefore it is essential to be able to select "sprints" as a filter for worklogs in structure views. A structure/or view could show worklogs for a certain sprint only and besides also for the involved team as well

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Link a structure to a JIRA board, not just a project

The description of of Structure on the Project page (https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Structure+on+the+Project+Page) is really misleading because this image is of viewing a JIRA board, not a project. With JIRA boards I can use JQL to divide a projects (or multiple projects) issues across many boards, but I do not have a way to link that board to a specific structure that also filters for the same set of issues.

Having a default structure for a project is fine, but I would also like to be able to correlate a structure to a board. This would help teams that for example…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Subscription to a structure view

Jira has a "issue filter subscription" feature, which runs a filter at a certain time of the day and email the user with the results. Structure could have a similar subscription feature tied to a particular structure's view, where a snapshot of that view would be taken at a certain time of the email and the results would be exported to excel and emailed to the user.

My company currently use structure to keep track of our day-to-day progress by manually exporting structures to excel at the same time each day. Automating the exporting would allow us to automate the…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Require the user to confirm a deletion of an issue before it is removed from the structure.

Require the user to confirm a deletion of an issue before it is removed from the structure. Right now there is a message that an issue has been deleted, but my users aren't noticing the message. Need to make them verify the deletion before it will occur.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Folder metadata

It would be useful to have folder metadata. There are many uses for this but at a high level you could definitely folder types (strategic vs. operational), provide folder owners etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Would like a way to get Structure formula calculations into "normal" Jira custom fields

Structure formulas are extremely useful. Now our users would like ways of using them in other places within Jira. This may be tough in some ways because they are specific to the structure they are part of, but even something simple like the ability to choose an menu option or call some API to commit formulas into an underlying custom field could be quite useful.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Change the colors of the font or/and background of the Structure folders

It would be great to be able to customize the appearance of the Structure Folders in order to have a possibility of manual highlighting the "problematic" folders.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add progress aggregation based on the number of sub-items

Parent issue progress % seems incorrect based on underlying children progress % values, assuming equal weighting per child.

Example screenshot: imgur.com/a/43lgW

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Not override the functionality of the JIRA Create button

I think the decision to override JIRA's big, blue Create button in the top navigation is a mistake. And it's causing some headaches on our end. We have non-technical users who are using the Structure (with edit permissions) who aren't aware that creating a new issue will add it to the Structure they're viewing. They simply want to create an issue, not necessarily add it to their structure. We could remove the button easily, but then we'd have to have our users jump to another JIRA screen to create an issue. That's design breakage! My opinion is, leave the ubiquitous…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Report or filter on accumulated fields

FIelds like 'progress', 'estimate' or 'logged' are calculated (accumulated) over the sub-structure under the issue. I would like to be able to report those values in reports (e.g. accumulated estimate) or use them in JQL queries (e.g. accumulated_estimate > 2w)

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?