Skip to content

Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Thank you for visiting our feedback website! Feel free to vote or post your own ideas. Make sure you turn on the option to notify you about changes and comments in your account settings, so that you can stay updated about the progress of the ideas you’re interested in.

374 results found

1. Print Structure Cleanly

Right now, I have two choices, export to Excel or print from the structure board.

In our situation, the description and acceptance criteria have bullets, numbers and other items allowed in JIRA's rich editor.

When exporting to Excel, this renders as HTML tags which Office does not accept and render correctly.

When using the print functionality, JIRA Issues cross over page breaks (which we could fix if we could have it render in Excel)

The reason this is a concern for us is that or customers want to be able to review the technical architecture. ePrinting is our only real…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    accepted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Structure subscription

I have been searching for an option to subscribe to a structure (similar to a filter). If this is not available, it might be a good idea to add this as some of the structures cannot be created using filters.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Yellow "x items selected" box shouldn't push list of tickets down when it appears

Hi! I am using version 4.6.5

When you select a ticket, the yellow "x items selected" box appears, and visually pushes the entire ticket list down so you visually "lose" the item you just clicked on.

To see the problem in action, scroll to the very bottom and select the circle for the very last ticket. Instantly, the ticket gets pushed downward and disappears, so you have to scroll down to see it again.

It's also a problem when I have some tickets selected, then do ctrl-A, ctrl-A to deselect all tickets. The yellow bar that was there goes away,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hide the days and unworkable hours of the gantt grid. Especially when it is extended to the maximum (hours)

When the maximum detailing of the gantt chart is done, the days and hours that do not end up representing a greater amount of columns in the gantt. It would be much more practical with great visualization without these columns. Especially when there is a need to visualize tasks that are defined with small loads of hours and to be executed on the same day.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. analysis of big data in the structure

Поскольку структура может включать в себя до 10000 задач, будет полезно иметь возможность в отдельном окне проводить анализ этих данных. Какова совокупная трудоемкость в разрезе: проектов, компонентов и т.п. , Какова продолжительность работы одной команды на структуру и т.п. Полезно так же создавать кастомные срезы для анализа типа: стратегические задачи, текущие задачи и т.п.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow importing XRay tests creating a tree of folders corresponding to a test path in the XRay test repository

XRay instroduced a Test Repository in v3. Now every XRay test has a field 'Repository Path' looking like: '/Test Repository/Release 1/Phase 1/AAA/'.

However, the Structure view is still better than XRay repository. It would be great to be able to import XRay tests recreating the same folder structure as in the XRay test repository automatically. So that users can use both XRay test repository AND Structure.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to hide the time line in the gantt chart view

It is a widely adopted practice to not share specific dates in long term planning and it would therefore be helpful if I could hide the dates/timeline in the gantt view.

The only option today is to zoom out but that is not practical as the feature-bars will become to small and the timeline is still visible but in years.

I want to be able to show how feature A is scheduled before Feature B and that it is dependent upon Feature C being completed without having to show when the features will be worked upon.

Simply hiding, or making…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  0 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. add hash marks to the parent bar in Gantt based on child dates

Allow the ability to add hash marks to the parent time bar in Gantt based on child dates. This would allow to see milestones without cluttering the view with multiple child issues.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have the ability to extend with certain add-on provided entities such as Adaptavist Test Management for Jira (kanoah).

I know it's not likely that you can interface with every other add-on that structure customers might also use, but selfishly, I would love to be able to view all test cases associated with an issue under that issue (similar to Extend with linked issue).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Choose what group label to display and which order for field fixVersion

This idea is a to provide a way to display only (or to hide) some fixVersion instead off all of them when we use the grouping feature. If it is possible to choose the storing order (asc, dsc) it would be awesome !

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "Sum over Sub-items" For Dates / Aggregate Dates - with the ability to choose Max or Min Date

I'd like to see my dates roll up the hierarchy so that I can see higher level estimates as they roll up. For example, if I have a folder for a project and I have a number of tasks underneath, I'd like to see the latest due date in the project, or the earliest start date.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support a User Story Map View

User Story Mapping is becoming a very popular way to organize your product backlog: http://www.slideshare.net/nashjain/user-story-mapping

It basically uses a 3 level structure but displays tickets in a vertical layout, as illustrated here:

There are only a few tools that support this online, and only one that is part of JIRA. The market is ripe for a tool that is robust, simple, and flexible. Since Structure already organizes tickets hiearchically, all that would be required would be to create a new view of a Structure, with a possible limit of 3-4 levels. (The Story Map structure only supports 3, but I…

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. allow filtering a centralized time period for a view with multiple worklog columns

when you report worklogs with structure, you want to use the worklog column and specify a time period.
    If you add multiple columns, it is quite an effort to change the time period from eg. dates of jan to feb. (currentmonth is helpful, but somewhat too dynamic if you want to compare months)

To easily switch between months it is necessary to switch the time period you look on on the view level and influence alle worklog columns this way.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. provide "root element of column x" in the variable selection list of formula column editor

E.g. to calculate a percentual distribution over all rows of a structure, for the formula you need the 100% value which is typically shown on the root element.

Therefore it would make a lot of sense, to be able inside "formula column A" to use a columns B's value, but the root element value! This should be possible even if column B is a formula itself.
    As we can already use variables like "Column B ..." in formulas it would be nice to add "Root Value of Column B ..." to the variable selection list

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Documentation Update - How to create a new View

The Structure 4.5 documentation is lacking when describing how to create new views.

For example, if I take "Basic View" and copy it to my Structure, I would expect that I could edit it, but the View Details screen says

Access: Use - you can use this view but you cannot update it.

There is no "Save As" button as indicated by the documentation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. notes

To fully take advantage of the new Notes field it would be really nice to make it independent of the issues to which it is added. As it works now, if a structure contains a multiple of the same issue and a note is added this note is attached to all of these issues.

Separating this is actually the only thing left to be able to use the structure plugin as a product structure documenting an entire product portfolio. One issue for each part and the notes field (renamed "Qty" or similar) to hold the amount of parts of the…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Would really like to be able to color fields, columns or rows in structure chart (without having to pay for expensive plugin)

I create some rather large Structure charts with multiple levels of nesting. Want to be able to highlight aspects of the chart (Rows, Cells, Columns) with color. This helps with focus (these items are critical), organization and overall visual appeal.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. prevent double counting

When an issue appears multiple times in a structure (e.g. epic link and issue link),the progress calculation should be configurable to prevent / allow double counting

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Limit the issuetypes for automators so you can use multiple link automators per structure

With Synchronizers it is possible to limit the issuetypes. Therefore it is possible to have multiple link synchronizers for different issuetypes.

Example:
    one could defined a parent/child link between epics and features and use a is blocked link between features and bugs. with automators this scenario can not be implemented at the moment.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Use different fonts for the levels in the hierarchy to make them more distinct

It would be great for easier differentiation to make the font larger for higher level issues in the hierarchy. E.g.

Level 0 - H1 Bold
    Level 1 - H2 ...
    Level 3 - H3
    etc

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →