Skip to content

Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Thank you for visiting our feedback website! Feel free to vote or post your own ideas. Make sure you turn on the option to notify you about changes and comments in your account settings, so that you can stay updated about the progress of the ideas you’re interested in.

374 results found

1. support grouping of issues by link type

e.g. all 'Blocked By' issues added via Extend automator grouped together under parent.

This makes the Jira relationship between Structure parent/child issues clearer.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. improve "templates" functionality and provide simple interface to work with it

1. That's will be useful to have a possibility to create structure by one click. Ex. It could be a quick button (as jira has "+ Create issue" at the right top conner). When I click on it, I can choose template name & click create. That's all.
    2. Sub-tickets in template structure should be predefined, so I don't want to specify each time what project it should be and what options to copy.
    3. In existing structure that's will be nice to have a possibility to create tickets\sub-tickets using templates for issue. Ex. I want to have a possibility to easy create…
    13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Creating structures from agile boards with Epics and Epic-less tickets

When creating a structure from an Agile board it would be nice to be able to add as well Epic as stories not assigned to an Epic.

Creating a structure with Epics and adding an JQL-Inserter for the Epic-less Stories is not sufficient. I am not able to move Stories into an Epic later on the structure board this way. ("Cannot remove issues from JQL query result. ")

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to connect to more that one Confluence instance (Structure.Pages)

Current (unless I'm doing something wrong) we can only link one Confluence instance when setting up Structure Pages integration.

It would be nice to have the ability to link more than one. This should come though with the proper UI to select the server when adding a page or searching.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Have some kind of integration with zephyr to manage test cases

I would like to see which test are passed and failed. It would also be nice to see the defects or bugs in the structure and create my test cycles with a structure.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow to see the structure in the issue type 'Test'

When viewing an issue of type “Test”, created by Zephyr and assigned to a Structure, we are not able to see the corresponding Structure section as expected. If we change the type of the issue to anything else (Bug, Story, Epic, etc.) then the Structure section becomes visible. It seems that either Structure or Zephyr is not playing well together. This is critical to our organization as we try to integrate structured testing into our organization.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Reinstate search on the issue page

In Structure 3, search and filtering functionality was removed from the issue page. But sometimes we need that to rearrange structure without leaving a specific issue.

More feedback:

But with the loss of the toolbar we can no longer filter or search the structure from the issue view.

We frequently need to unpin, search then re-org the structure, and we like to do it from the issue view. At my work we are considering rolling back to 2.x to get the search/filter feature back on the issue view.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Structure lite

Have you ever thought about a lite version of structure with reduced functionality? e.g. only supporting parent / subtask or epic / story relations or homogenous link hierarchies for example.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show progress of selected issue/task in Confluence

In our company we use very closely JIRA and Confluence. Structure allows us to properly organize issues based on our demands and workflows and it works perfectly for people who are assigning tasks or implementing them. But we use Confluence for executive summary of progress on specific builds where would be very helpful if we can display progress bar of a specific issue (counted from all issues below of selected issue in the hierarchy). This way we would be able to create great overviews like e.g. "Bug fixing of Feature1", "Implementing Feature2", ... with progress bars behind without a need…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Name in issue viewer

When beeing displayed in the issue viewer and the default structure name should be "None" to avoid confusion as another structure name makes it seem to belong to one.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow you to wrap text in a column in the structure view.

I would like to be able to see 6 columns and have the option to see ALL the text wrapped not just the starting text. I'd like to retain the option to just see the starting text too though. I have used the full screen real estate but I can still only see the start of the wording.

Current work around is to only have 1 or 2 columns showing at once and add in the others as necessary later.

e.g. View currently shows:

Summary Description Labels Components Assignee

Client Doc Data in clie Docum Disclosure Sarah Sm

I'd like…

107 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show sum of time columns

I would like the bottom line of the structure widget to also show the sum of remaining estimates for all (shown) issues in the structure.

For example, I have a structure with issues for our next release. I would like to enter a filter like "fixVersion=<currentSprint>" to see issues assigned to the current sprint, how they are spread across overall plan, and also see the remaining estimates for the sprint.

The bottom already say something like "Showing 25 issues (100 issues are not shown)", so there's quite enough space to say "Showing 25 issues (10 weeks remaining) | 100 issues…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Integration on Jira Agile

It's very useful the integration with Jira Agile (on Jira 6 and next releases), so I can see near the tab Epic and Version (in the backlog view) also the other structure that I can build.
    Actually, I have to manage two different views: Structure view and Backlog view. It's better to integrate this two views.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Auto-Convert Perspective-Link into Structure-Gadget on Confluence-Pages

In this way one is able to create whatever view of the Structure in the structure itself and share this on Confluence pages without dealing with the UI of the gadget (which needs some improvements).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When due date is set, automatically calculate remaining estimate and turn on time tracking

If an issue has a Due Date, calculate automatically days to complete and set that value as a Remaining Estimate, and turn on Time Tracking automatically.

При установке срока задачи сделать возможность автоматического учета рабочего времени

Если в задаче установлен срок то автоматически высчитывать сколько времени в днях она займет и выставлять в поле планируемое время это значение и автоматически включать учет времени.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. custom row heights and the ability to export to ms word/view in web layout mode

custom row heights and the ability to export to ms word/view in web layout mode

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow an attachments column with attachments preview, similar to the Images column

The structure view should allow the user to display "attachments" as a column, where attachments are listed similarly to the "Images" column. Clicking on an attachment thumbnail would popup a preview of the attachment.

At the very least it should allow the user to download the file without opening the ticket itself.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  12 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow Better Transitions

By example, we use stories and have them implement features. Our final state for stories is "Closed" and when all stories are closed we want to have the feature change it's state to "Ready for Production" however there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.

To that end, it would be nice if we could say that for state X we could specify what transitions could go there given that its sub-items state may be different.

Example:
    Feature Workflow has "In Progress" --- {Ready To Deploy} --->>> "Ready for Production"
    Story Workflow has "Verify" --- {Ready To Deploy}…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Custom structure template based on 1 or more JIRA fields

The plugin allows users to create arbitrary structure and also structure based on JIRA links. It would be nice if there is a way to create structure based on JIRA fields like Reporter, Assignee, version, status. So user can drill down the issues by reporter, By Assignee, By version or any such combination and order.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. have the ability to control the visible amount of a custom field

I currently use a custom field for scope statements and wkly highlight reports. As far as I know, Structure only allows me to see a small excerpt of this field. I would like to be able to control the amount I can see (maybe in number of characters / lines). That way I can view issues listed in a Structure and see at least 2 or 3 paragraphs of the report/statement at once.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?