Skip to content

Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Thank you for visiting our feedback website! Feel free to vote or post your own ideas. Make sure you turn on the option to notify you about changes and comments in your account settings, so that you can stay updated about the progress of the ideas you’re interested in.

118 results found

1. Support 3+ Multi-Cascading Selects

Automation + Grouping on Multi-Cascading Select fields is a top-notch function that allows users to efficiently organize complex datasets, but are functionally limited to deeper organizations.

If I start using the Jira-system 2-tiered multi-cascading select field in Structure for my issues, but then decide I need to switch to a 3-tiered mutli-cascading select to model my data, I sacrifice the functionality of Structure for the flexibility of another add-on.

Including support in Structure for n+ Multi-Cascading Selects, e.g iDalko's multi-select field (using MySQL), would help users like myself fully harness the capabilities of automated issue structures

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Require the user to confirm a deletion of an issue before it is removed from the structure.

Require the user to confirm a deletion of an issue before it is removed from the structure. Right now there is a message that an issue has been deleted, but my users aren't noticing the message. Need to make them verify the deletion before it will occur.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Folder metadata

It would be useful to have folder metadata. There are many uses for this but at a high level you could definitely folder types (strategic vs. operational), provide folder owners etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change the colors of the font or/and background of the Structure folders

It would be great to be able to customize the appearance of the Structure Folders in order to have a possibility of manual highlighting the "problematic" folders.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add progress aggregation based on the number of sub-items

Parent issue progress % seems incorrect based on underlying children progress % values, assuming equal weighting per child.

Example screenshot: imgur.com/a/43lgW

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Print Structure Cleanly

Right now, I have two choices, export to Excel or print from the structure board.

In our situation, the description and acceptance criteria have bullets, numbers and other items allowed in JIRA's rich editor.

When exporting to Excel, this renders as HTML tags which Office does not accept and render correctly.

When using the print functionality, JIRA Issues cross over page breaks (which we could fix if we could have it render in Excel)

The reason this is a concern for us is that or customers want to be able to review the technical architecture. ePrinting is our only real…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hide the days and unworkable hours of the gantt grid. Especially when it is extended to the maximum (hours)

When the maximum detailing of the gantt chart is done, the days and hours that do not end up representing a greater amount of columns in the gantt. It would be much more practical with great visualization without these columns. Especially when there is a need to visualize tasks that are defined with small loads of hours and to be executed on the same day.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to hide the time line in the gantt chart view

It is a widely adopted practice to not share specific dates in long term planning and it would therefore be helpful if I could hide the dates/timeline in the gantt view.

The only option today is to zoom out but that is not practical as the feature-bars will become to small and the timeline is still visible but in years.

I want to be able to show how feature A is scheduled before Feature B and that it is dependent upon Feature C being completed without having to show when the features will be worked upon.

Simply hiding, or making…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  0 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add hash marks to the parent bar in Gantt based on child dates

Allow the ability to add hash marks to the parent time bar in Gantt based on child dates. This would allow to see milestones without cluttering the view with multiple child issues.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have the ability to extend with certain add-on provided entities such as Adaptavist Test Management for Jira (kanoah).

I know it's not likely that you can interface with every other add-on that structure customers might also use, but selfishly, I would love to be able to view all test cases associated with an issue under that issue (similar to Extend with linked issue).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "Sum over Sub-items" For Dates / Aggregate Dates - with the ability to choose Max or Min Date

I'd like to see my dates roll up the hierarchy so that I can see higher level estimates as they roll up. For example, if I have a folder for a project and I have a number of tasks underneath, I'd like to see the latest due date in the project, or the earliest start date.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Documentation Update - How to create a new View

The Structure 4.5 documentation is lacking when describing how to create new views.

For example, if I take "Basic View" and copy it to my Structure, I would expect that I could edit it, but the View Details screen says

Access: Use - you can use this view but you cannot update it.

There is no "Save As" button as indicated by the documentation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Limit the issuetypes for automators so you can use multiple link automators per structure

With Synchronizers it is possible to limit the issuetypes. Therefore it is possible to have multiple link synchronizers for different issuetypes.

Example:
    one could defined a parent/child link between epics and features and use a is blocked link between features and bugs. with automators this scenario can not be implemented at the moment.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. improve support for Quick Transformations

Currently you can save transformations as quick transformations which is a great feature. I see however certain potential to make it even better:

• Combine several transformations into a single Quick Transformation (e.g. filtering and grouping)
    • Define Quick Transformations for the "Jira" part of the double grid: I often look for items assigned to a version in order to add them to my structure. It would be super convenient if I could save it as a Quick Transformation.

Thanks for your consideration and keep up the great work!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. allow me to define a story point budget for a folder / issue

I typically have rough estimates for bigger projects and I would like to be able to add them to the structure so that I can get an overview of what needs to be done. At the moment I can only do this by adding JIRA issues with estimates, but the problem is that at this stage I do not really want to create these issues yet (at least not for everything).

The closes thing to what I want is to create epics and set the rough estimates on the epics. Later I can refine my estimates by creating storys. The…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bulk Clone Part of the Structure

This is becoming a necessity as we move forward with Structure. In order for all users to easily make copies of sets of issues from a repository-type structure at different points in their structure, we need bulk clone. The current copy/clone process requires admin authority and too many steps to roll out to non-admins and expect the environment to stay clean.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great to be able to clear out the clipboard..

RIght now there does not appear to be a away to remove issues from the clipboard (other than pasting). Seems like a user may try to do a cut / copy and decide they no longer want the issues. Seems like this could be a fairly simple fix (maybe a x button above the clipboard?).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow re-formatting aggregated time fields (e.g. into hours).

We are budgeting a project - so we need to show a rollup of hours and then an extension of these hours into costs.

So we need to be able to:
    a) format time so that it doesn't simplify 60 hours spread over in a year into 1w 2d 4h - it needs to show as "60 hours"
    b) provide a column that does math on the 60 hours. e.g. 60 hours at $125/hr = $7500

Together we will rid organisational planning of excel :)

M.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Be able to Receive a notification when an item is manually added to a structure folder and/or it's sub-folders

Be able to Receive a notification when an item is manually added to a structure folder and/or it's sub-folders. That way when someone adds an item or removes one to an existing structure folder, anyone subscribed to notifications for that folder would get an email notification. to implement, just add a button to the button bar when the folder is selected and when you click the button, you get a popup with an option to subscribe to notifications like you do with issues in JIRA.

Obviously, this would only be available for folders WITHOUT automation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. improve "templates" functionality and provide simple interface to work with it

1. That's will be useful to have a possibility to create structure by one click. Ex. It could be a quick button (as jira has "+ Create issue" at the right top conner). When I click on it, I can choose template name & click create. That's all.
    2. Sub-tickets in template structure should be predefined, so I don't want to specify each time what project it should be and what options to copy.
    3. In existing structure that's will be nice to have a possibility to create tickets\sub-tickets using templates for issue. Ex. I want to have a possibility to easy create…
    13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?