Skip to content

Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Thank you for visiting our feedback website! Feel free to vote or post your own ideas. Make sure you turn on the option to notify you about changes and comments in your account settings, so that you can stay updated about the progress of the ideas you’re interested in.

118 results found

1. allow me to define a story point budget for a folder / issue

I typically have rough estimates for bigger projects and I would like to be able to add them to the structure so that I can get an overview of what needs to be done. At the moment I can only do this by adding JIRA issues with estimates, but the problem is that at this stage I do not really want to create these issues yet (at least not for everything).

The closes thing to what I want is to create epics and set the rough estimates on the epics. Later I can refine my estimates by creating storys. The…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. improve support for Quick Transformations

Currently you can save transformations as quick transformations which is a great feature. I see however certain potential to make it even better:

• Combine several transformations into a single Quick Transformation (e.g. filtering and grouping)
    • Define Quick Transformations for the "Jira" part of the double grid: I often look for items assigned to a version in order to add them to my structure. It would be super convenient if I could save it as a Quick Transformation.

Thanks for your consideration and keep up the great work!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create column for Greenhopper Agile version

Greenhopper's Agile plugin allows for nested "versions" to define Agile Sprints within a top-level planned release. This is represented in JIRA as comma-separated items in the Fix Version/s column.

The Agile Planning Board is smart enough to show the last Version in that comma-separated list indicating the current sprint to which an issue is assigned. Structure is showing all the comma-separated versions which takes up a lot of column width space (particularly considering the Structure view does not wrap text in columns...).

Would you consider creating an Agile Version column that is essentially the last item in the Fix Version/s…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "Sum over Sub-items" For Dates / Aggregate Dates - with the ability to choose Max or Min Date

I'd like to see my dates roll up the hierarchy so that I can see higher level estimates as they roll up. For example, if I have a folder for a project and I have a number of tasks underneath, I'd like to see the latest due date in the project, or the earliest start date.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. have a aggregation modifier #fromTopToMe #fromBottomToMe

To provide a backlog forecast it is essential to show what content could be done within a certain time or time budget. If we configure the budget in a top level issues custom field, structure could SUM not only by level, but also the contents of the current list of elements (eg. by priority) and a formula could show from which element the budget is overspent.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Calculated Columns: Number & Currency Formatting

Formatting option for values in a numeric columns (e.g. have numbers with a thousand commas by default)

User case: for currency value, use a thousand commas.
    Format dry numbers to show as normal dollar amounts -

US Example:
    with dollar sign and commas = $ 1,350,500.43
    South Africa Example:
    with R and spaces = R 1 350 500.43

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  1 comment  ·  Structure Cloud  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Print Structure Cleanly

Right now, I have two choices, export to Excel or print from the structure board.

In our situation, the description and acceptance criteria have bullets, numbers and other items allowed in JIRA's rich editor.

When exporting to Excel, this renders as HTML tags which Office does not accept and render correctly.

When using the print functionality, JIRA Issues cross over page breaks (which we could fix if we could have it render in Excel)

The reason this is a concern for us is that or customers want to be able to review the technical architecture. ePrinting is our only real…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show some type of visual indicator when the progress rollup contains interpolated data

I love the ability of the structure plug-in to roll-up numerical fields of children into their parents (thank you!). As I understand it, if some of the children do not have values, the roll-up algorithm estimates values for those children based on the values set in their peers (i.e the value of the unset children is the average value from all of their peers). Essentially, the structure plug-in is making estimates for the children even if users haven't entered any information.

When that happens, it would be nice if the plug-in offers some kind of indicator on the rolled up…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Limit Structure Depth for "Master" Structures

With all the work being done to create sub-structures or copy portions of structures, the master or enterprise view typically does not need all the detailed subtasks, those will even make that view less usable. It would make that view more useful to have a default depth to open the tree, so if I have
    Issue-1 - Project
    Issue-11 - Milestone
    Issue-111 - task 1
    Issue-112 - Task 2
    Issue-2 - Project 2
    Issue-21 - Milestone
    etc.

I can have structures for the projects with all the details, and the structure for multiple projects defaulting to open to a depth…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Use tokens in the summary to capture recurring fields and indendation levels

By specifying some fields e.g, priority and assignee as well as the indendation level of the issue while entering the summary text of the issue will speed up the data capturing with structure. Please consider having a look at www.checkvist.com for effective keyboard support for increased speed and useability.

Eg use the @ to specify the person eg @john
    use the # sign to specify the priority
    Eg #0 - blocker

1 critical

Tab indentation in the summary for instance indentation level 1 specified by 1> indendation level of 2 specified by >2

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I suggest the structure gadget displays the full name of the structure in the dashboards

Currently it truncates the names so it is difficult to tell which structure is displayed.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show progress of selected issue/task in Confluence

In our company we use very closely JIRA and Confluence. Structure allows us to properly organize issues based on our demands and workflows and it works perfectly for people who are assigning tasks or implementing them. But we use Confluence for executive summary of progress on specific builds where would be very helpful if we can display progress bar of a specific issue (counted from all issues below of selected issue in the hierarchy). This way we would be able to create great overviews like e.g. "Bug fixing of Feature1", "Implementing Feature2", ... with progress bars behind without a need…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Export Resource usage to excel, to generate shareable reports

I'd like to be able to share resource usage information with people not using jira.
    Export to excel of the resource usage table could be useful.
    Graphical and printable representations of table also could be useful.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Gantt  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  Alexey Pegov responded

Hi Andrea! An export of Resource allocation is planned to be done in one of upcoming versions. Thank you for feedback!

14. Don't Dismiss Automation Dialog When Pressing Escape Key

If you are adding a filter or some other automation that requires writing a query, the autocomplete often obscures the text of the query you are trying to write because the window is very small. If you press Escape to dismiss autocomplete to see what you are writing, the window closes, and you lose your work.

In other entries, like the issue search screen, pressing the Escape key dismisses autocomplete, so it is more likely you will lose your work because you have the muscle memory of pressing escape to dismiss autocomplete.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable fixed width panels for markdown formula columns

Discussed in #structure-cloud slack channel. https://structurecommunity.slack.com/archives/C0233G6R4JF/p1662733497048309

A formula column set to markdown rendering can display panels. The only available formatting for those panels is the background and text color. We use formula columns for a number of purposes with dynamic content. A simple case could just be displaying the number of children.

As the number of children (or any content within a formula column) changes, the resulting width of that panel changes. The number 1 is narrower than the number 8. When looking at a full structure with each item having a formula column, the entire column is jarring to…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Respect dates of future sprints

We want to plan projects using team sprints.

In the documentation https://wiki.almworks.com/display/gantt/Planning+with+Sprints you say:

Jira does not allow you to specify dates for future sprints, so Structure.Gantt schedules future sprints based on your Sprint configuration settings.

This is not true, we can specify dates of future sprints but Structure seems to ignore the dates.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Gantt  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  Alexey Pegov responded

Hi Michael!

You’re right, starting from Jira 8.3 it is now possible to specify dates for future sprints, we’re going to support this in one of upcoming releases!

Thank you for feedback!

17. introduce the same TP column as in the non-cloud versions

The TP column provide icons with summarizing information. I miss this in the cloud version

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  1 comment  ·  Structure Cloud  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. number of comments

Add a count of the number of comments.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. add hash marks to the parent bar in Gantt based on child dates

Allow the ability to add hash marks to the parent time bar in Gantt based on child dates. This would allow to see milestones without cluttering the view with multiple child issues.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hide the days and unworkable hours of the gantt grid. Especially when it is extended to the maximum (hours)

When the maximum detailing of the gantt chart is done, the days and hours that do not end up representing a greater amount of columns in the gantt. It would be much more practical with great visualization without these columns. Especially when there is a need to visualize tasks that are defined with small loads of hours and to be executed on the same day.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?