Skip to content

Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Thank you for visiting our feedback website! Feel free to vote or post your own ideas. Make sure you turn on the option to notify you about changes and comments in your account settings, so that you can stay updated about the progress of the ideas you’re interested in.

118 results found

1. Have the ability to extend with certain add-on provided entities such as Adaptavist Test Management for Jira (kanoah).

I know it's not likely that you can interface with every other add-on that structure customers might also use, but selfishly, I would love to be able to view all test cases associated with an issue under that issue (similar to Extend with linked issue).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As a gantt user, I would like to get my fix versions as milestones

As a gantt user, I would like to get my the release date of my versions automatically projected as milestones on the timeline, so that when I bind a task to it, it automatically update the fix version/s field.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Artifical task as from BigGant

Hi, I thing something as Artifical Tasks from BigGang should be handy. We can´t planning far for future. In many times we need plan work which we did´t have fragmented to tasks. There is only highlevel overview that Member1 will have work on Project1 on week35 - week37 than on Project2 on week38-39 and etc. We need tasks which is not under project and created as Jira task, but only as shadow task significant than Person will be on Project. Folders can only group tasks but doesn´t have start date and end date.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Gantt  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  Alexey Pegov responded

Hi!

Indeed that would be a good addition! We’ll definitely do something like this!

Thanks for your feedback!

4. "Sum over Sub-items" For Dates / Aggregate Dates - with the ability to choose Max or Min Date

I'd like to see my dates roll up the hierarchy so that I can see higher level estimates as they roll up. For example, if I have a folder for a project and I have a number of tasks underneath, I'd like to see the latest due date in the project, or the earliest start date.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Documentation Update - How to create a new View

The Structure 4.5 documentation is lacking when describing how to create new views.

For example, if I take "Basic View" and copy it to my Structure, I would expect that I could edit it, but the View Details screen says

Access: Use - you can use this view but you cannot update it.

There is no "Save As" button as indicated by the documentation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. have a aggregation modifier #fromTopToMe #fromBottomToMe

To provide a backlog forecast it is essential to show what content could be done within a certain time or time budget. If we configure the budget in a top level issues custom field, structure could SUM not only by level, but also the contents of the current list of elements (eg. by priority) and a formula could show from which element the budget is overspent.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Support 3+ Multi-Cascading Selects

Automation + Grouping on Multi-Cascading Select fields is a top-notch function that allows users to efficiently organize complex datasets, but are functionally limited to deeper organizations.

If I start using the Jira-system 2-tiered multi-cascading select field in Structure for my issues, but then decide I need to switch to a 3-tiered mutli-cascading select to model my data, I sacrifice the functionality of Structure for the flexibility of another add-on.

Including support in Structure for n+ Multi-Cascading Selects, e.g iDalko's multi-select field (using MySQL), would help users like myself fully harness the capabilities of automated issue structures

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Folder metadata

It would be useful to have folder metadata. There are many uses for this but at a high level you could definitely folder types (strategic vs. operational), provide folder owners etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Require the user to confirm a deletion of an issue before it is removed from the structure.

Require the user to confirm a deletion of an issue before it is removed from the structure. Right now there is a message that an issue has been deleted, but my users aren't noticing the message. Need to make them verify the deletion before it will occur.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Limit the issuetypes for automators so you can use multiple link automators per structure

With Synchronizers it is possible to limit the issuetypes. Therefore it is possible to have multiple link synchronizers for different issuetypes.

Example:
    one could defined a parent/child link between epics and features and use a is blocked link between features and bugs. with automators this scenario can not be implemented at the moment.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Change the colors of the font or/and background of the Structure folders

It would be great to be able to customize the appearance of the Structure Folders in order to have a possibility of manual highlighting the "problematic" folders.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. improve support for Quick Transformations

Currently you can save transformations as quick transformations which is a great feature. I see however certain potential to make it even better:

• Combine several transformations into a single Quick Transformation (e.g. filtering and grouping)
    • Define Quick Transformations for the "Jira" part of the double grid: I often look for items assigned to a version in order to add them to my structure. It would be super convenient if I could save it as a Quick Transformation.

Thanks for your consideration and keep up the great work!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. allow me to define a story point budget for a folder / issue

I typically have rough estimates for bigger projects and I would like to be able to add them to the structure so that I can get an overview of what needs to be done. At the moment I can only do this by adding JIRA issues with estimates, but the problem is that at this stage I do not really want to create these issues yet (at least not for everything).

The closes thing to what I want is to create epics and set the rough estimates on the epics. Later I can refine my estimates by creating storys. The…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Be able to Receive a notification when an item is manually added to a structure folder and/or it's sub-folders

Be able to Receive a notification when an item is manually added to a structure folder and/or it's sub-folders. That way when someone adds an item or removes one to an existing structure folder, anyone subscribed to notifications for that folder would get an email notification. to implement, just add a button to the button bar when the folder is selected and when you click the button, you get a popup with an option to subscribe to notifications like you do with issues in JIRA.

Obviously, this would only be available for folders WITHOUT automation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add progress aggregation based on the number of sub-items

Parent issue progress % seems incorrect based on underlying children progress % values, assuming equal weighting per child.

Example screenshot: imgur.com/a/43lgW

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to connect to more that one Confluence instance (Structure.Pages)

Current (unless I'm doing something wrong) we can only link one Confluence instance when setting up Structure Pages integration.

It would be nice to have the ability to link more than one. This should come though with the proper UI to select the server when adding a page or searching.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Reinstate search on the issue page

In Structure 3, search and filtering functionality was removed from the issue page. But sometimes we need that to rearrange structure without leaving a specific issue.

More feedback:

But with the loss of the toolbar we can no longer filter or search the structure from the issue view.

We frequently need to unpin, search then re-org the structure, and we like to do it from the issue view. At my work we are considering rolling back to 2.x to get the search/filter feature back on the issue view.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Name in issue viewer

When beeing displayed in the issue viewer and the default structure name should be "None" to avoid confusion as another structure name makes it seem to belong to one.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show progress of selected issue/task in Confluence

In our company we use very closely JIRA and Confluence. Structure allows us to properly organize issues based on our demands and workflows and it works perfectly for people who are assigning tasks or implementing them. But we use Confluence for executive summary of progress on specific builds where would be very helpful if we can display progress bar of a specific issue (counted from all issues below of selected issue in the hierarchy). This way we would be able to create great overviews like e.g. "Bug fixing of Feature1", "Implementing Feature2", ... with progress bars behind without a need…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow Better Transitions

By example, we use stories and have them implement features. Our final state for stories is "Closed" and when all stories are closed we want to have the feature change it's state to "Ready for Production" however there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.

To that end, it would be nice if we could say that for state X we could specify what transitions could go there given that its sub-items state may be different.

Example:
    Feature Workflow has "In Progress" --- {Ready To Deploy} --->>> "Ready for Production"
    Story Workflow has "Verify" --- {Ready To Deploy}…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?