Skip to content

Structure for JIRA: Ideas

Thank you for visiting our feedback website! Feel free to vote or post your own ideas. Make sure you turn on the option to notify you about changes and comments in your account settings, so that you can stay updated about the progress of the ideas you’re interested in.

373 results found

1. Name in issue viewer

When beeing displayed in the issue viewer and the default structure name should be "None" to avoid confusion as another structure name makes it seem to belong to one.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    accepted  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Creating structures from agile boards with Epics and Epic-less tickets

When creating a structure from an Agile board it would be nice to be able to add as well Epic as stories not assigned to an Epic.

Creating a structure with Epics and adding an JQL-Inserter for the Epic-less Stories is not sufficient. I am not able to move Stories into an Epic later on the structure board this way. ("Cannot remove issues from JQL query result. ")

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. support grouping of issues by link type

e.g. all 'Blocked By' issues added via Extend automator grouped together under parent.

This makes the Jira relationship between Structure parent/child issues clearer.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. allow me to define a story point budget for a folder / issue

I typically have rough estimates for bigger projects and I would like to be able to add them to the structure so that I can get an overview of what needs to be done. At the moment I can only do this by adding JIRA issues with estimates, but the problem is that at this stage I do not really want to create these issues yet (at least not for everything).

The closes thing to what I want is to create epics and set the rough estimates on the epics. Later I can refine my estimates by creating storys. The…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. improve support for Quick Transformations

Currently you can save transformations as quick transformations which is a great feature. I see however certain potential to make it even better:

• Combine several transformations into a single Quick Transformation (e.g. filtering and grouping)
    • Define Quick Transformations for the "Jira" part of the double grid: I often look for items assigned to a version in order to add them to my structure. It would be super convenient if I could save it as a Quick Transformation.

Thanks for your consideration and keep up the great work!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Be able to propagate up a risk value

If a sub task had a custom field which indicated it's current risk or similar be able to propagate that up to the top level to show the worst of the risks or some other flag

e.g. if a single subtask of a item is red risk, be able to show that red risk in all of it's parents in the structure. choose the worst value of all sub nodes to show at the parent level.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Progress Bar changes color by ontime or overdue

Allowing users a quick view of the status for more than completion percentage for [insert your object of choice] if they are overdue or nearing completion deadlines

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sync task to add Tasks to Folders

Folders is a great new feature in 3.0 (long awaited) but the sync tasks do not allow tasks to be added to folders which is an obvious feature for auto adding tasks to structure and also a huge use of ordering and sorting tasks in structure.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. prevent double counting

When an issue appears multiple times in a structure (e.g. epic link and issue link),the progress calculation should be configurable to prevent / allow double counting

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. have a aggregation modifier #fromTopToMe #fromBottomToMe

To provide a backlog forecast it is essential to show what content could be done within a certain time or time budget. If we configure the budget in a top level issues custom field, structure could SUM not only by level, but also the contents of the current list of elements (eg. by priority) and a formula could show from which element the budget is overspent.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  7 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. provide "root element of column x" in the variable selection list of formula column editor

E.g. to calculate a percentual distribution over all rows of a structure, for the formula you need the 100% value which is typically shown on the root element.

Therefore it would make a lot of sense, to be able inside "formula column A" to use a columns B's value, but the root element value! This should be possible even if column B is a formula itself.
    As we can already use variables like "Column B ..." in formulas it would be nice to add "Root Value of Column B ..." to the variable selection list

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. allow filtering a centralized time period for a view with multiple worklog columns

when you report worklogs with structure, you want to use the worklog column and specify a time period.
    If you add multiple columns, it is quite an effort to change the time period from eg. dates of jan to feb. (currentmonth is helpful, but somewhat too dynamic if you want to compare months)

To easily switch between months it is necessary to switch the time period you look on on the view level and influence alle worklog columns this way.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "Sum over Sub-items" For Dates / Aggregate Dates - with the ability to choose Max or Min Date

I'd like to see my dates roll up the hierarchy so that I can see higher level estimates as they roll up. For example, if I have a folder for a project and I have a number of tasks underneath, I'd like to see the latest due date in the project, or the earliest start date.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Choose what group label to display and which order for field fixVersion

This idea is a to provide a way to display only (or to hide) some fixVersion instead off all of them when we use the grouping feature. If it is possible to choose the storing order (asc, dsc) it would be awesome !

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow importing XRay tests creating a tree of folders corresponding to a test path in the XRay test repository

XRay instroduced a Test Repository in v3. Now every XRay test has a field 'Repository Path' looking like: '/Test Repository/Release 1/Phase 1/AAA/'.

However, the Structure view is still better than XRay repository. It would be great to be able to import XRay tests recreating the same folder structure as in the XRay test repository automatically. So that users can use both XRay test repository AND Structure.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Regular Expression Text Function for substring extraction

A regular express text function would be very useful to extract content from a Text field into a column.

For example, if a Description field has:

Name: Value
    Name1: Value2

I can write a regex formula to extract out the value for Name: into a Column.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Yellow "x items selected" box shouldn't push list of tickets down when it appears

Hi! I am using version 4.6.5

When you select a ticket, the yellow "x items selected" box appears, and visually pushes the entire ticket list down so you visually "lose" the item you just clicked on.

To see the problem in action, scroll to the very bottom and select the circle for the very last ticket. Instantly, the ticket gets pushed downward and disappears, so you have to scroll down to see it again.

It's also a problem when I have some tickets selected, then do ctrl-A, ctrl-A to deselect all tickets. The yellow bar that was there goes away,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to hide the time line in the gantt chart view

It is a widely adopted practice to not share specific dates in long term planning and it would therefore be helpful if I could hide the dates/timeline in the gantt view.

The only option today is to zoom out but that is not practical as the feature-bars will become to small and the timeline is still visible but in years.

I want to be able to show how feature A is scheduled before Feature B and that it is dependent upon Feature C being completed without having to show when the features will be worked upon.

Simply hiding, or making…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    accepted  ·  0 comments  ·  Gantt  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Use a field (i.e. sequential index) to automatically create hierarchy into Structure when importing from CSV/Jira.

Hi, we usually load Jira items via CSV import, and it is very time consuming to arrange them with links or to manually indent them into the Structure.
    It would be great to use a field like the Structure's sequential index.
    For instance, using that field during import, to automatically arrange the hierarchy into the Structure (i.e., item 3.1.3 to be put automatically after 3.1.2 and underneath 3.1).

Many thanks, and congrats for your works, it is very well done!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Structure  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to resize column widths on printable page

The column widths of the printable page are set by Structure and often ones with a lot of text (like Description or Comments) end up too wide. Would be great to be able to set widths before exporting

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?